Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: So what did you do today?  (Read 9004 times)

bloomer

• Joined Aug 2010
  • leslie, fife
  • i have chickens, sheep and opinions!!!
So what did you do today?
« on: September 02, 2010, 04:04:29 pm »
Be it at home in the garden at work or anything else what did you all do today?

Today in the day job I have been building a rockery and a pond its looking good I have 1 more days work planting up and tidying the mess we have made.

This evening I will be finishing off the plans for our first chicken run for me to get on with building it at the weekend.

HappyHippy

Re: So what did you do today?
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2010, 04:16:12 pm »
I've been productive today  ;D
Got the kids off to school, home and cleaned out the chicken house and agonised over what 2 cockerels are for the chop if no-one wants them. The one with the nicest sounding crow (probably not the best method of selection !) is almost perfect - though he does have a look of evilness around the eyes  ;)
After that it was a happy trek up to the barn to check on the Kune Kune piglets - I could happily spend ALL day up there ! but had to drag myself away after 30 minutes to do the rounds with the other's in the fields.
After all that I had my breakfast  :o and chased up automatic drinkers and the meds I ordered and have spent the rest of the day playing with the babies (2 legged variety) doing housework  :P and waiting for my sister to arrive.
Off out for dinner tonight - maybe even a wee bottle of wine, and an early night for me (well, that's the plan  ;);D ;D ;D

Dangermouse

• Joined Feb 2010
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2010, 04:19:46 pm »
Well I just worked away as usual....actually not been very productive its been a bit of a "head in Bottom" type day to be honest

Daisy

• Joined Mar 2010
  • Near Earlston Scottish Borders
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2010, 04:44:30 pm »
Mixed up the ponies feeds, had breakfast then sat and read most of the day - there's not much you can do with a broken wrist

sheila

• Joined Apr 2008
  • Mablethorpe Lincolnshire
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2010, 04:46:12 pm »
Cleaned the hens out, cooked breakfast (bacon and egg) Made two loaves of bread, made a meat and potato pie for dinner. Made Marrow and whisky jam. Sorted out some paper work. watched neighbours (yes I know!) on T.V. Made some jam pot covers. Sorted out my repeat prescription and after a little sit down with the Telegraph I hunted the Duck who has flown for the first time. He/She? has never been out before and I was a bit worried but it eventually came back. And that is my day so far. Dead boring!

stephen

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Kent
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2010, 04:48:58 pm »
ive been running around like a madman at work all day... sorting out mistakes made by other people as per usual... i even gave in a had a cigarette today so ill be back on the gums tomorrow! ive given up for today and seeing as i diddnt have a lunch break im giving myself 15 minuites before i leave to go home! off out for dinner tonight as well and planning to eat and drink far too much!  ;D

CameronS

• Joined Aug 2009
  • North East Fife
« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2010, 05:09:16 pm »
school, school and school :(

home - chores, homework, livestock

then packing ready for two days hill walking  ;D

Daveravey

• Joined Jul 2009
  • Fife
« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2010, 05:09:42 pm »
Pretty quiet day today, until someone filled our outside drain with the smallest plant pots she could find.

Spent most of the afternoon lying on my side, right arm covered in crap, trying to fish them out again.

Had shower & change of clothes.

Needless to say, that someone was put to bed around 4-30pm.

Bloody kids   ::)

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2010, 06:02:57 pm »
Pretty quiet day today, until someone filled our outside drain with the smallest plant pots she could find.

Spent most of the afternoon lying on my side, right arm covered in crap, trying to fish them out again.

Had shower & change of clothes.

Needless to say, that someone was put to bed around 4-30pm.

Bloody kids   ::)
;D ;D ;D That has brightened up my day, along with the message from my daughter that she found my very intelligent 11 year old grand-daughter in the shower at 3.45 am - 'Sorry, Mummy, I think I misread my clock' - it's digital!!!! ::)
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

tazbabe

• Joined Aug 2010
  • ayrshire
« Reply #9 on: September 02, 2010, 06:04:30 pm »
we felled 3 trees yesterday, so today has been mostly spent doing the tidying up, stacking logs etc. oh, and we threw some hardcore into the ruts at the entrance to the field.

just making some beer battered fish for tea....with soya flour, to fit in with our new low carb diet. so far it looks like a load of mush in the pan.....
you may light another's candle from your own without loss

faith0504

• Joined Aug 2010
  • Cairngorms
  • take it easy and chill
    • blaemuir cottage
« Reply #10 on: September 02, 2010, 06:51:04 pm »
spent the day walking the dogs, sorting the horses out, pooh picking and stuff and packing as we move in 3 weeks, house is a tip!!!!!!!!!!!!! cooking tea now then out pooh picking again
it is glorious here blue sky alday
other half is out trying to unstick the sun roof on the land rover!!!! whoops, no rain forecast for a few days, fingers crossed they are right

plumseverywhere

• Joined Apr 2013
  • Worcestershire
    • Its Baaath Time
    • Facebook
« Reply #11 on: September 02, 2010, 07:03:43 pm »
answered door several times to egg customers, then plum customers then showed a lady the field as she wants to put her pony on it to graze.

then made baileys fragranced bath bombs (ready for sale this week hopefully!) and went to collect kids from school stinking of baileys and probably starting tongues wagging that I drink the day away!

animals fed, milked, cleaned, exercised - now its time to help the 3 eldest with their reading for school tomorrow and humour the youngest that she too is reading, bless x
Smallholding in Worcestershire, making goats milk soap for www.itsbaaathtime.com and mum to 4 girls,  goats, sheep, chickens, dog, cat and garden snails...

sam.t

• Joined Mar 2009
  • goole east yorkshire
« Reply #12 on: September 02, 2010, 07:26:37 pm »
can only dream of kids been at school (next thursday back)
feed all animals
then had some me time went clay pigeon shooting with my dad
then back to normality and made tea
kids now ready for bed well 2 of them
so sat on here having 5 more mins
good day today  ;D
sam :chook: :goat:

scotelf

• Joined Aug 2010
  • West Lothian
« Reply #13 on: September 02, 2010, 07:31:34 pm »
Oooh, stinky drains for poor Daveravey and lovely smelling bailey's bath bombs from plumseverywhere.  ;D at the people at school thinking you'd been on the booze!

I saw daughter off to school, did some paperwork, went and saw to wee pony who is in the stable until the grass dies back (no more laminitis please! She does get out for a few hours each day with a muzzle on). Then went and did an 8mile/12ish km? ride on my Highland pony as we have a 20km ride on the 11th Sep, so trying to get his (and my) fitness levels up. Then home to let hubby off to work as he is nightshift, supper in the oven cooking for my daughter and I, so I'm on here for a read.
Lynn :)

smallholder in the city

• Joined Jul 2010
  • Lincolnshire
    • HootersHall
« Reply #14 on: September 02, 2010, 07:34:23 pm »
Spent the morning feeling I was banging my head against a brick wall explaining that I'm not housing association and that although crack cocaine does perk you up a bit it's not really a good lifestyle choice. Then I got a lovely letter at lunchtime from someone thanking me for helping them to get better and get on with their life and my enormous pumpkin is continuing to get more enormous so overall a good day.    

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS