Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Looking as if I may have to re-home my boys and girls  (Read 10364 times)

TullochFarm

• Joined Oct 2010
    • Tulloch Farm
Re: Looking as if I may have to re-home my boys and girls
« Reply #30 on: October 05, 2010, 03:25:09 pm »
Oh I'm sorry evrything is so rubbish at the monent  :-[

If you can get someone to bring them down just for the diesel that would be fantastic. We could possibly house 3 of them if they were are "friends" they would live in the same shelter and be in the same field. Just to re-iterate tho that they must be friendly and be tolerant of cuddles/children/dogs/horses or I really cant have them in this environment - dont want to get sued by someone in any of the holiday cottages :)

Maybe Iolo and Dylan and Emlyn? Would they be a good mix together? Or whatever you suggest as obviously you know them best.

Laura
Luxury self-catering cottages on a small farm near Fort William
www.tullochfarm.co.uk

Grassmonster

• Joined Oct 2009
  • Aberdeenshire
« Reply #31 on: October 05, 2010, 06:51:29 pm »
All three are friendly and love fuss. Iolo, Dylan and Emlyn all currently live together - in fact Emlyn jumped in when them months ago and wouldn't go back in his own pen. He's a year older and has sort of babysat them since weaning.  The good news (and by God I need some) is that a friend of mine with a petting type arrangement based around pigs has said she'll take Florence and Rosie, my two Tamworths plus the geese.  Meantime, my friends who rent the farm where we all are has just come to the top of the council waiting list because the boiler in the farmhouse has been condemned this morning and because the place is up for sale, the family won't spend the money on replacing in (the chimney that carries the flu is collapsing too to the job wouldn't be cheap). They are packing ready for a hasty exit even as I type - they have three children so no hot water and no heating isn't an option for them.  As son as they officially go, I will have to as well. I'll have to go back to the house but my ex is obviously not happy about that - suggested that I stay on as caretaker ?????????????  Unfit for human habitation is unfit for human habitation !!!!!!!!!!!  I have had offers to resite my caravan but al offers have been 12 to 14 miles from Huntly and off a bus route - not feasable. Half my wage will go in taxis to get to and from work as it is - further away won't leave my half of the rent and bills.  I'd hoped to save enough money to take me and the animals back to Angelsey where I lived for ten years and where I consider to be home. It's going to be a cold day in hell before I can get back there now, even on my own. Feeling really homesick and lonely - normally I'd have discussed the days disasters with Jackie who always made me feel better and came up with good suggestions. Miss him too  :'(

Brucklay

• Joined Apr 2010
  • Perthshire
    • Brucklay Pygmy Goats
    • Facebook
« Reply #32 on: October 05, 2010, 08:17:52 pm »
Hi Again - Now your back I'll give you a shout in the morning, Clare
Pygmy Goats, Shetland Sheep, Zip & Indie the Border Collies, BeeBee the cat and a wreak of a building to renovate!!

Grassmonster

• Joined Oct 2009
  • Aberdeenshire
« Reply #33 on: October 05, 2010, 08:23:15 pm »
Clare - I'm at work from 7 am to 2 pm.  Any time after 2 is fine, afternoon, evening, the middle of the night !!!

Grassmonster

• Joined Oct 2009
  • Aberdeenshire
« Reply #34 on: October 05, 2010, 08:34:13 pm »
Feel a bit better now that Floss and Rosie are sorted - I couldn't imagine who would be mad enough, other than me, to have two huge pet Tamworths. The two pairs of geese get to stay together too so that's good and it looks as if Iolo, Dylan and Emlyn are safe. Just wish I could keep Kes - she's my favourite but if I had somewhere to keep her, I'd have somewhere for the rest. The council would never let me put up a goat shed in the back garden. Then I need somewhere for all my equipment until i get it sold - feed pots, sheep hurdles, electric fencing, feed bins etc etc etc. Nowhere to keep it at the house. Should have a mini raup i guess. It's the end of something I've wanted since I was a kid so once the animals go, I want the other stuff gone - no reminders. Hey ho - I guess once you've lost everything, ou nothing left to lose ..... the onl direction left has got to be up ..... hasn't it ?

tazbabe

• Joined Aug 2010
  • ayrshire
« Reply #35 on: October 06, 2010, 06:03:57 am »
if only distance wasn't an issue, (i'm in ayrshire) i could offer you a foster home for kes until you were able to take her on again.
 i am willing if anyone has any transport ideas/help?
you may light another's candle from your own without loss

TullochFarm

• Joined Oct 2010
    • Tulloch Farm
« Reply #36 on: October 06, 2010, 01:46:55 pm »
Oh good, it sounds like Iolo, Dylan and Emlyn will enjoy staying together.  :goat:

I'm looking forward to meeting them  :)
www.tullochfarm.co.uk

TullochFarm

• Joined Oct 2010
    • Tulloch Farm
« Reply #37 on: October 06, 2010, 01:48:54 pm »
YES! the only direction is up... definately. And good news about the piggies  :pig: Glad that is sorted.
www.tullochfarm.co.uk

Grassmonster

• Joined Oct 2009
  • Aberdeenshire
« Reply #38 on: October 12, 2010, 05:20:32 pm »
Hi Tullochfarm,

I'll be seeing my friend John at the weekend to discuss transport and likely cost.  Meantime, my friend and her family have been allocated a house by the council so will be moving very soon. I am hanging on here as long as possible but have a meeting yet again with the council next week and have provisionally found a private flat but it's very expensive for what it is and I won't be able to keep my elderly cat - no pets - so she would have to stay with my ex-partner. It would be the first time in over 50 that I have had no house pets - I'd miss having someone to come back to. If the4 council come through with the goods before I sign the lease, I'd be able to keep her with me. Fingers crossed.

buddy

• Joined Feb 2009
  • I really love my life, especially when its sunny
« Reply #39 on: October 16, 2010, 08:53:25 pm »
Keeping all fingers crossed for you. My son has a bearded dragon which is very affectionate, doesn't really smell and is fairly cheap to keep. You can hide a vivarium quite easily. Loads of cheap/free vivs about at the moment and dragons too.
Enjoying life making the most of whats available. My kids were little yesterday, today they are almost adults, where on earth did that change happen?

TullochFarm

• Joined Oct 2010
    • Tulloch Farm
« Reply #40 on: November 22, 2010, 04:53:04 pm »
Does anyone know what happened to grassmonster (the OP)? We texted her twice and messaged her thru here twice and no reply :( Hope she is OK and found homes for the animals in the end.
www.tullochfarm.co.uk

Rosemary

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Barry, Angus, Scotland
    • The Accidental Smallholder
« Reply #41 on: November 22, 2010, 06:01:23 pm »
I hope everything is Ok with her.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS