Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Looking as if I may have to re-home my boys and girls  (Read 10363 times)

plumseverywhere

• Joined Apr 2013
  • Worcestershire
    • Its Baaath Time
    • Facebook
Re: Looking as if I may have to re-home my boys and girls
« Reply #15 on: September 11, 2010, 07:49:22 pm »
Good luck Grassmonster  :)   If I had room I'd help you out (and also if we lived closer) hubby has drawn the line a bit now with the animals as we also have 4 very young children but I love my goats, chickens, cats rabbits etc and would have more!!
so sorry to hear about your trials and the breakdown of your relationship. I really hope that you meet someone lovely who shares your love of animals too xx 
Smallholding in Worcestershire, making goats milk soap for www.itsbaaathtime.com and mum to 4 girls,  goats, sheep, chickens, dog, cat and garden snails...

Micah68

• Joined Aug 2008
« Reply #16 on: September 13, 2010, 06:54:55 pm »
So sorry about your situation grassmonster. Having been through a break up myself years ago I can assure it does get better eventually. I lived in your area many years ago. At that time there used to be a Grampian goat club (that often met in Huntly). If it still exists, perhaps some members could help home you goats?

Rural Aberdeenshire is far too bleak in winter for a caravan without electricty, so I hope you get some better accomodation by then.

Brucklay

• Joined Apr 2010
  • Perthshire
    • Brucklay Pygmy Goats
    • Facebook
« Reply #17 on: September 17, 2010, 04:21:12 pm »
Hi Grassmonster - How are you getting on re homing your goats - I'm a goat person in your area I'm AB42 and if I work on my OH I may be able to help - but was just asking before I get him all flustered!!!!
Pygmy Goats, Shetland Sheep, Zip & Indie the Border Collies, BeeBee the cat and a wreak of a building to renovate!!

Grassmonster

• Joined Oct 2009
  • Aberdeenshire
« Reply #18 on: September 17, 2010, 08:18:13 pm »
No joy so far and it gets from bad to worse !  The farm where they and I are staying is jointly owned by several family members and rented out to another.  One of the family wants her money out of the farm and none of the others can afford to buy her out.  One thought that he might be able to get a mortgage but has been unable to. The farm went on the market a couple of days ago and two people are already going to view it. We may all be homeless if anyone puts their hand up for it. Sheddage which can be reached without your own transport is non-existant. I will have nowhere to put the caravan. I can't go back to the house without losing my job because even if I walked two miles to the main road for a bus, the first one into Huntly from Aberdeen reaches my work at 7:20 and I start work at 7:00.  I went to see the council today and they say that I have a legal right to be in the house and since I'm not at risk from my ex-partner, I am adequately housed so no chance of a flat in Huntly. The fact that I can't get to work isn't their problem.  If I give up my job, I won't be eligible for benefits because I will have made myself unemployed. I can't get tax credits because my employer (large supermarket) won't contract anyone to 30 hours although there is plenty of uncontracted overtime. Tax benefits for a single person don't kick in under 30 hours so can't afford taxis to work - would cost about £35 per week. Private sector flats would cost more than I earn. Apart from that, it's all going just fine :'(

Brucklay

• Joined Apr 2010
  • Perthshire
    • Brucklay Pygmy Goats
    • Facebook
« Reply #19 on: September 17, 2010, 11:30:33 pm »
Hi Again Grassmonster, although not mentioned to oh yet please get  in touch (email) maybe I can help in some way - not got a plan in place but working on it !!
Pygmy Goats, Shetland Sheep, Zip & Indie the Border Collies, BeeBee the cat and a wreak of a building to renovate!!

scotelf

• Joined Aug 2010
  • West Lothian
« Reply #20 on: September 21, 2010, 03:27:05 pm »
Go and see your local Citizens Advice Beareau(sp?) The council are at it with your housing situation. Don't want to say too much on an open forum, but although you are not at harm physically, mental stress should be taken into account. You will hopefully get some good advice at the CAB. I don't have land at the moment, so can't help with your animals, sorry. Let us know how you are though.
Lynn :)

Grassmonster

• Joined Oct 2009
  • Aberdeenshire
« Reply #21 on: September 26, 2010, 05:48:03 pm »
Hello again - sorry I've not been on but my life is reading like a bad novel - my boyfriend who lived outside of Glasgow died on friday in hospital - he had a serious heart condition and was rushed into hospital where he had a massive heart attack. Have to go down for the funeral next week. Still looking for homes for the goats and pigs and feel like pulling the duvet over my head ans staying under it for the rest of my life. That's my home, my animals and my boyfriend - I really don't remember doing anything bad enough to deserve all this. There's actually nothing left that matters to me to lose now.

plumseverywhere

• Joined Apr 2013
  • Worcestershire
    • Its Baaath Time
    • Facebook
« Reply #22 on: September 26, 2010, 07:08:29 pm »
Oh no, I'm so so sorry, what an awful time you are having. there isn't much I can say apart from if you need a listening ear do message me. am too far away geographically to be any help physically but if you need someone to talk to, please do.
life is so cruel sometimes  :(
Smallholding in Worcestershire, making goats milk soap for www.itsbaaathtime.com and mum to 4 girls,  goats, sheep, chickens, dog, cat and garden snails...

Brucklay

• Joined Apr 2010
  • Perthshire
    • Brucklay Pygmy Goats
    • Facebook
« Reply #23 on: September 26, 2010, 07:57:41 pm »
So sorry to hear of your situation - can we met up - I've got transport at the moment I can come to you and see what we can do.

ballingall

• Joined Sep 2008
  • Avonbridge, Falkirk
« Reply #24 on: September 27, 2010, 10:04:31 pm »
Oh I'm so sorry to hear that. I know things seem so bad just now, but it won't always feel so bad. It may be a cliche, but time does heal.

Let me know if there is anything I can do to help.

Beth

Grassmonster

• Joined Oct 2009
  • Aberdeenshire
« Reply #25 on: September 28, 2010, 02:55:11 pm »
Thankyou Brucklay and Ballingall.  I've PMd you Brucklay. I'll be away from Wednesday morning to Friday evening - the funeral is on Thursday in Coatbridge, outside Glasgow.

Rosemary

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Barry, Angus, Scotland
    • The Accidental Smallholder
« Reply #26 on: September 28, 2010, 04:05:02 pm »
So, so sorry to hear about all your trials and tribulations.

Was McFrosty not able to help? That sounded really promising.

I wish I could make it better  :(

TullochFarm

• Joined Oct 2010
    • Tulloch Farm
« Reply #27 on: October 01, 2010, 07:42:41 pm »
I have some room and would be happy to be a "forever-home" for 2 goats.

We did have 2 rescue goats who recently passed away from old age... and they must have been ANCIENT!

I have a farm (we only have "pets" no animals actually earn their keep or are ever sold!) with some sheep, cows, horses, chickens and ducks.
I have a goat house and 2 huge fields with deer fencing that are used solely for the goats (before they died and now are empty)

What I don't have is transport. Well I have a car, but no stock trailer. My postcode is PH31 and it is called Tulloch Farm if you google it. How could I get them down here?

My main requirement is that because we have holiday cottages all animals here must be friendly with holiday makers petting them, and also with small children walking past them or petting them. Also musnt chase dogs  :)

I didnt want boys (as only ever had girl goats) but Iolo and Dylan sound nice and friendly? If you think we can help in anyway please let me know.

Luxury self-catering cottages on a small farm near Fort William
www.tullochfarm.co.uk

TullochFarm

• Joined Oct 2010
    • Tulloch Farm
« Reply #28 on: October 02, 2010, 11:40:38 am »
Just to add i'm obviously happy to pay for transport if you know anyone that can do it for me! Its just I dont have a stock box myself...  (its on the list!)
Luxury self-catering cottages on a small farm near Fort William
www.tullochfarm.co.uk

Grassmonster

• Joined Oct 2009
  • Aberdeenshire
« Reply #29 on: October 04, 2010, 10:01:42 pm »
Oh Tullochfarm - that would be brilliant. I've looked at your web-site and it looks wonderful. I have a friend who might be able to get hold of a livestock trailer - I'll ring him tomorrow and ask what it would cost to get to and from. He'd only charge me the diesel.  Meantime, it looks as if there may be someone interested in the steading so we may all be in the excrement. I'll have nowhere to live in the caravan and the animals will have to go one way or the other - I'll not have any options. I'll be able to store my caravan at another friend's farm (hopefully) bit there is nowhere there for any of the animals and it's too far off the beaten track for me to be able to live there without transport. It's looking like I'll have to go back to the house which is the last thing I want. It won't be very desirable for anyone - my ex's girlfriend stays over there two or three days a week because she actually lives 90 miles away. I don't know how I'll manage with work because it will cost an arm and a leg getting taxis.  How much worse can it get ? At least the caravan is my own space. Now that's going, my animals and the love of my life. If this is karma, I must have been an axe murderer last time round  :'(

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS