Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Breeding  (Read 8910 times)

pigsatlesrues

• Joined Oct 2008
  • Normandy, France
Breeding
« on: December 02, 2007, 08:01:08 pm »
We have collected a couple of Ouessants today, one of which is a 3/4 year old ewe. Apparently she hasn't been mated for over eighteen months and has only had one lamb that died after it was born.

My question is - is it likely she will come into season if I put her in with our Ouessant ram or it she likely to be baron after this time? It is not a problem if she doesn't have a lamb because she and her castrated friend are just so beautiful just having them around will a pleasure in itself. I was just wondering.

Kate
Bonjour et avoir un bon jour !

Hilarysmum

• Joined Oct 2007
Re: Breeding
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2007, 07:37:58 am »
We had a texel in much the same circumstances, the following year she went on to give birth to triplets, then twins two years sequentially.

kanisha

• Joined Dec 2007
    • Spered Breizh Ouessants
    • Facebook
Re: Breeding
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2007, 08:12:36 pm »
Hi I keep Ouessants and sucessfully mated all my ewes when the Ram arrived Jan 7th so not too late and no reason why she shouldn't have a lamb but do you know why the other lamb died? she may not be a good mother and it might be a good idea to keep a very careful eye on her shortly before and after lambing to make sure everytihng is going oK. any questions just ask. http://ouessants.blogspot.com
Ravelry Group: - Ouessants & Company

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS