Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Genus AI - changes to service.  (Read 5344 times)

Scotsdumpy

• Joined Jul 2012
Re: Genus AI - changes to service.
« Reply #15 on: June 25, 2018, 11:31:17 am »
Greenbeast - whereabouts are you because this could just be an Aberdeenshire problem. I would give your technician a ring to confirm.

greenbeast

• Joined Jul 2014
« Reply #16 on: June 25, 2018, 09:24:19 pm »
We're way down south, about as far away as one could be, so maybe!

farmers wife

• Joined Jul 2009
  • SE Wales
« Reply #17 on: June 26, 2018, 04:33:10 pm »

Don't Cogent do your area.  We are not a fan of Sync it can mess up future cycles.  Not for us.  Have run bull for main herd and AI jersey on the heat patch which I call the night before.  2 weeks before is quite organised and something we couldn't do however, we are in a highly AI used area and Cogent don't have to travel far.  I assume travelling distances and manpower is their concern.

Another option is to hire a bull.

Scotsdumpy

• Joined Jul 2012
« Reply #18 on: June 26, 2018, 09:20:01 pm »
Thanks farmers wife. Someone from Cogent has been in touch with me and, although we are too fsr North, he put me in touch with a local technician who can take us on. We wouldn't want to buy or rent or borrow a bull as we have a couple of dairy farms within earsight and smell of him - our fences wouldn't be up to containing a rampant bull!!

langfauld easycare

• Joined Apr 2012
« Reply #19 on: September 17, 2018, 12:33:38 pm »
stevie rolfe .sr cattle services covers most of scotland doing syncro ai and scanning .he will also store semen only charges for what he does . and for 2 or 3 he would probably need to be in your area but will always go out his way to help his number 07850184313 . i did the ai course a couple of years ago. tank filled with nitrogen all the kit and the course was £1000. costs £30 every 2 month for the top up . i enjoy doing it myself but probably wouldnt have bothered if i had known about stevie first . it was the genus technician not always being available when i needed them and the cost of storing a few straws with genus was horrendous which made me do the course. glad i did .     

Scotsdumpy

• Joined Jul 2012
« Reply #20 on: September 17, 2018, 04:10:35 pm »
Thanks lanfauld easycare - I'll keep the number handy if our new technician lets us down. We used to have rare breed semen stored by Genus so I know what you mean about the charges!! We were very pleased with the service they gave us - we rang before 9am and the technician came around lunchtime - without fail. We live not far from 2 large dairy farms and were at one or the other just about every day so it's not as if we were out of the way somewhere.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS