Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Recommendations for Lab breders in the North?  (Read 1917 times)

Anke

• Joined Dec 2009
  • St Boswells, Scottish Borders
Recommendations for Lab breders in the North?
« on: June 18, 2018, 09:40:22 am »

We are looking for a (preferably ) black Labrador puppy to join us in the autumn. I don't mind whether male or female, although always had bitches, and Terriers, but we want something bigger and with a larger genepool than many of the pedigree terriers are right now.

I am not going to breed and s/he will be a pet for the family, but puppy must come from health-tested parents. I don't mind whether show or working strain.

Can anyone recommend a good breeder in the North of England and/or South/central Scotland?

Jukes Mum

• Joined Apr 2014
  • North Yorkshire
Re: Recommendations for Lab breders in the North?
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2018, 11:07:05 am »
Hi Anke
I currently have a lovely litter of black labs. This is a repeat mating from one we did two years ago as we were so impressed by the last pups. We kept a dog pup and a bitch pup back last time. They have been so easy and a real pleasure to train and own, just like their mum.
The mum is Joyce's Special Choice of Maplecrest, hips 5/5, elbows 0, DNA clear and eye tested. She is a lovely girl, a please to live with and also a dream to work.

Dam- Joyce’s Special Choice- hips 5-5 elbows- 0 eyes pass prcd-PRA and CNM clear. By FTW Garronpoint Ross of Drakeshead (FTCH Willowwyck Ruff x Garronpoint Little Dove) fantastic bitch used for beating, picking up, walked up shoot etc fast stylish yet steady.
Sire – FTAW Drakeshead Alfie  (FTCH Waterford Featherman x  FTW Denmark Drakeshead virgo ) hips 3-5  elbows- 0 eyes pass prcd-PRA and CNM clear

Pups will be hereditary clear prcd-PRA and CNM, KC Registered, vet checked, wormed and microchipped

This litter was born on the 12th May so they are now 5 weeks old. They are simply gorgeous and we are trying to give them the best start in life. So far they are regularly interacting with children, sheep, chickens, the cat and the other dogs as well as regularly hearing all the normal household noises (washer, vac etc), gunshot, lawnmowers and even slept through a fab thunderstorm this weekend. They have been out for short rides in the car and we will keep up this exposure until they go to thier new homes. They already have a good recall to "pup pup pup" and are now learning to sit.
We will only be letting these little guys go to the very best homes.
If I've missed anything, please feel free to ask.
I have these pics on my puter, but can't seem to get the more recent ones off my phone. I'll try again later on!
Don’t Monkey With Another Monkey’s Monkey

Jukes Mum

• Joined Apr 2014
  • North Yorkshire

Jukes Mum

• Joined Apr 2014
  • North Yorkshire
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2018, 11:26:55 am »
Puppies!

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2018, 09:01:26 pm »
I know a lot of lab breders and I doubt I could find better than these.  Go for it #Anke
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

Jukes Mum

• Joined Apr 2014
  • North Yorkshire
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2018, 08:22:10 am »
I know a lot of lab breders and I doubt I could find better than these.  Go for it #Anke
Thans Doganjo, that really means a lot  :bouquet:

Jukes Mum

• Joined Apr 2014
  • North Yorkshire
« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2018, 10:15:33 am »
I can't believe that these little guys will be 8 weeks old on Saturday!
They have been a pleasure and I will miss each one of them. Still 2 boys left for sale though!

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS