Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Poorly goat  (Read 12199 times)

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
Re: Poorly goat
« Reply #30 on: August 21, 2018, 10:32:50 pm »
Thanks, SD. I'd drink to that if there was anything left.

mart6

• Joined Sep 2014
  • Notts / Yorkshire border
« Reply #31 on: August 22, 2018, 02:14:25 pm »
Great news all that care and attention ended well

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
« Reply #32 on: September 26, 2018, 02:40:48 pm »
Took the goat food down this morning and my beautiful girl had died in the night. I’m not that surprised because, although she was only ten, she looked very old. She had put on some weight (not enough) and was eating well, but she had a bit of a wheeze for a couple of days, it seemed to have got better then started again last night. I had decided if it was no better this morning, I would call the vet out again but it seems she had decided enough was enough.

Caldi is going to a new home as soon as I can arrange it, and I won’t be a goat keeper any more. I’ve loved the past fifteen or so years of having goats but I just can’t manage them any more.

RIP Pom.

pharnorth

• Joined Nov 2013
  • Cambridgeshire
« Reply #33 on: September 26, 2018, 02:56:11 pm »
So sorry to hear it.  But you will forever be The Mad Goatwoman of Madeley.

Rupert the bear

• Joined Jun 2015
« Reply #34 on: September 26, 2018, 06:49:44 pm »
Thats sad, but take heart that you did the best for Pom, :hug:
Still the Mad Goatwoman of Madeley and will always be

Anke

• Joined Dec 2009
  • St Boswells, Scottish Borders
« Reply #35 on: September 26, 2018, 09:32:05 pm »

Oh, I am sorry to read this. 10 years is a good age for a goat! You have done all you could and from what you say she didn't suffer very long. Probably pneumonia, now that the nights are cooler again.

If you ever come up this far north, you are welcome to come for a session with my girls! I can't even imagine that at some point I will have to give up my girls (and boys!).

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
« Reply #36 on: September 26, 2018, 11:09:13 pm »
Thanks, everyone. I don't think it's sunk in yet but it will.  I had actually knocked a year off her life. She was 11 last April. She was the first goat kid I had had and her mum was the very first goat so she was rather special. Her mum, the vet thought, of tumours in her lungs so I wonder if Pom had the same problem.  Going to miss her muchly.

I'm glad I can still be the Mad Goatwoman. I didn't fancy being the Mad Woman of Madeley.  ;D

Dogwalker

• Joined Nov 2011
« Reply #37 on: September 27, 2018, 07:25:23 am »
 :hug:
Sorry to hear your news.   Be kind to yourself, it's a big change to get used to.
You can always come here for a goat fix if you need it.

Beeducked

• Joined Jan 2012
« Reply #38 on: September 27, 2018, 07:22:18 pm »
You will be able to visit Caldi whenever you like. So sorry about Pom, I know how much she meant to you.

See you at the weekend.

Penninehillbilly

• Joined Sep 2011
  • West Yorks
« Reply #39 on: September 27, 2018, 08:50:41 pm »
So sorry MGM, sometimes things are meant to be.
Now take care of your own health.
RIP Pom

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
« Reply #40 on: September 27, 2018, 11:15:45 pm »
A very nice many came to collect Pom this morning. I showed him where she was and left him to it. He clearly realised I was very upset.

I'm now dreading Saturday, when Caldi goes to live with Beeducked's goats and there'll just be an empty shed. Thank you, Anke and Debbie. I may just take you up on it.

It's good to be able to come on here and talk to people who really understand.  :hug:

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
« Reply #41 on: September 28, 2018, 02:53:12 pm »
Thanks, SD. I started making plans months back when I accepted that my body wasn't going to let me look after them any more. I have spoken to a friend who does a lot of work for us and he is going to remove the shed completely and the area will be made into more raised beds so I can continue to grow vegetables but on a bigger scale. After tomorrow I will get in touch with him and arrange for him to come as soon as possible. We are going away next Friday to France to meet our newest grandchildren are are nearly two months old and I think that will do me good as well.

Penninehillbilly

• Joined Sep 2011
  • West Yorks
« Reply #42 on: September 28, 2018, 03:26:03 pm »
What a brilliant idea MGM, hopefully you will come back from your visit to a completely different view. And will keep you busy, sounds like it will be a great veg area, raised beds make life so much easier ?.

pharnorth

• Joined Nov 2013
  • Cambridgeshire
« Reply #43 on: September 28, 2018, 08:26:48 pm »
Enjoy your family time and your long and happy memories of time spent with your goats. To be continued under 'growing'.........

Backinwellies

• Global Moderator
  • Joined Sep 2012
  • Llandeilo Carmarthenshire
    • Nantygroes
    • Facebook
« Reply #44 on: September 29, 2018, 05:39:45 pm »
Nantygroes and  Milly Molly Mandy ... And Milly's kid Eira  will always welcome you MGM   HUGS!
Linda

Don't wrestle with pigs, they will love it and you will just get all muddy.

Let go of who you are and become who you are meant to be.

http://nantygroes.blogspot.co.uk/
www.nantygroes.co.uk
Nantygroes  facebook page

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS