Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: S.O.S. URGENT. HELP!  (Read 1963 times)

VSS

• Joined Jan 2009
  • Pen Llyn
    • Viable Self Sufficiency.co.uk
S.O.S. URGENT. HELP!
« on: August 23, 2010, 06:38:44 pm »
We've lent our little pony to a chap on a trek from Exeter to London. Currently they're between Bradford-on-Avon and Trowbridge, following the canal. At night, they put up a pen of electric fence, but for some reason our pony has suddenly started nipping under the wire and wandering off. This has brought the whole expedition to a halt, as they can't even sit down to eat a meal without someone holding the pony! We desperately need somewhere they can leave the pony (only 10.3hh, and very gentle) in order to carry on without him, and until we can arrange to get him home. He'd be happy in a field with cattle or any other animals.
Is there anyone in that area who could help (quick)?
The SHEEP Book for Smallholders
Available from the Good Life Press

www.viableselfsufficiency.co.uk

VSS

• Joined Jan 2009
  • Pen Llyn
    • Viable Self Sufficiency.co.uk
Re: S.O.S. URGENT. HELP!
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2010, 09:32:50 am »
We have managed to find temporary accommodation for him. Gives us a bit of breathing space to work out how to get him home.
The SHEEP Book for Smallholders
Available from the Good Life Press

www.viableselfsufficiency.co.uk

plumseverywhere

• Joined Apr 2013
  • Worcestershire
    • Its Baaath Time
    • Facebook
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2010, 10:40:50 am »
that is good news  :)  if you had said Worcestershire I would have jumped to help!! the girls would love a pony to pat for a day or so  ;)
Smallholding in Worcestershire, making goats milk soap for www.itsbaaathtime.com and mum to 4 girls,  goats, sheep, chickens, dog, cat and garden snails...

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2010, 11:29:47 am »
Sounds like he was trying to find his way home anyway ;D ;D ;D  Glad you've got sorted.  But why did your friend take him if they didn't plan accommodation for him along the way?  All it needed was planning ahead, phoning ahead. ::)
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS