Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: How much for land?  (Read 5243 times)

Daisys Mum

• Joined May 2009
  • Scottish Borders
Re: How much for land?
« Reply #15 on: August 17, 2010, 09:44:16 am »

Perhaps you could negotiate a better price although I agree with Old Ploughman and Snapper, you need to work out how much it will add to the value of your property. Although he probably could not sell it to anyone else for that sum it is probably hardly worth the hassle to him unless you are paying his legal costs etc.
Anne

chriso

• Joined Apr 2010
  • Cumbria
« Reply #16 on: August 17, 2010, 10:16:08 am »
It was me that started negotiations with the intent of getting enough room to keep a few pigs on and possibly a poly tunnel. It's the first time we have been able to meet to discuss the price so I think there may be room for improvement. It might add value to my property and as I would never make money out of keeping pigs it might compensate. If pigs don't work it could be used as veg plots, orchard or hen pens. One part of the land over runs my neighbour so I might be able to interest them in purchasing that part.

There has been no mention yet as to who pays the legal fees or fencing.

:farmer:

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
« Reply #17 on: August 17, 2010, 12:06:28 pm »
That is a negotiating tool then as it would save the farmer any hassle.  We did that when we bought the plot I built my house on.  That was an area of 1000 sq m for £1600 including the fees - in rural Aberdeenshire - we could get planning on it but we owned the tracks all around so no-one else could build on it.  That was in 2002 though
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS