Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Hand cream  (Read 7503 times)

plumseverywhere

• Joined Apr 2013
  • Worcestershire
    • Its Baaath Time
    • Facebook
Re: Hand cream
« Reply #15 on: August 14, 2010, 09:27:09 am »
ooh yes, udder cream is brilliant!! whenever i use it to milk our goat my hands are soft.

another thought is breastfeeding cream? that's good for cracked skin. but pricey  :-\

promise to get cracking (scuse pun!) with some moisturiser and shampoo (goats milk) soon  :)
Smallholding in Worcestershire, making goats milk soap for www.itsbaaathtime.com and mum to 4 girls,  goats, sheep, chickens, dog, cat and garden snails...

JulieS

• Joined Mar 2009
  • Devon - EX39 5RF
    • Ford Mill Farm
« Reply #16 on: August 14, 2010, 10:20:18 am »
Forever Living....Propolis Cream.   Brilliant!

Let me know if anyone would like more information. 
Pedigree GOS Pigs and Butchery for Smallholders.

ellisr

• Joined Sep 2009
  • Wales
« Reply #17 on: August 14, 2010, 10:56:45 am »
JulieS propolis cream is fantastic when working with the animals and after gardening . I have used it on my kness and elbows as well when the get a bit worse for wear

gavo

• Joined Aug 2008
  • Belcoo, Enniskillen, N.Ireland
  • Crazy Pig Lover
« Reply #18 on: August 14, 2010, 03:26:07 pm »
Fleecewife if you are using sudocream when your hands are very bad may i suggest ANTIPEOL cream [it's been around since WW1 and was used in the field hospitals. ] It has a wonderful ingrediant called Ichthamol[sp] which is just about the best wound and general skin invention ever! This cream is still used in the NHS we always have a tube around for everyone animals included.You should see some of the skin problems we have treated with this stuff;large gaping wounds, pus filled wounds,infected thorns deeply inbedded ,excema the list is endless.By the way we don't have shares in the company;it has just never failed us yet.

Fleecewife

• Joined May 2010
  • South Lanarkshire
    • ScotHebs
« Reply #19 on: August 14, 2010, 10:07:21 pm »
Hi Gavo. I worked in the good old NHS for donkey's years and never came across Antipeol cream  :o  I'll look out for it.  The word Ichthamol, if you break it down, sounds as if it means 'softens dinosaur skin' - about right  :D
"Let's not talk about what we can do, but do what we can"

There is NO planet B - what are YOU doing to save our home?

Do something today that your future self will thank you for - plant a tree

Love your soil - it's the lifeblood of your land.

Jackie

• Joined Nov 2009
« Reply #20 on: August 16, 2010, 05:05:52 am »
If you havent got anything to clean your hands with in specifically try sugar sprinkled on full fat mayo. It cleans and conditions.
 Mayo is good for your hair as a conditioner.

Birdie Wife

• Joined Oct 2008
« Reply #21 on: August 17, 2010, 11:56:57 am »
Of the cheaper options I use E45 or Vaseline Intensive care (the one with aloe vera but I've recently switched to Bio Oil, which is a tad more pricey, and takes a while to sink in, but lasts for ages and ages (like, DAYS) and for a mid-range moisturiser I don't think it can be beaten. I occasionally get stress-related excema and I've found Bio Oil the best thing for that too, as it works with the body's defences and helps the healing process.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS