Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Advice re someone else's sheep currently on our field  (Read 8569 times)

harmony

• Joined Feb 2012
Re: Advice re someone else's sheep currently on our field
« Reply #30 on: February 01, 2018, 08:06:27 pm »
I totally agree about the duty of care remaining with the owner.

I don't think anyone is trying to make laurelrus feel guilty and guilty about what? She asked a question she wasn't able to answer herself and the replies were quite varied. Wouldn't it have been easy to have been able to say " they need feed" or "they don't" but it was impossible to know the answer because we didn't know the condition score of the sheep, how much grass or the quality of it. Hence, suggestions of talking to the owner. Further along the post, after a conversation had taken place between the two parties, we were told the grazier had already recognised a need to move the sheep. The OP also said they didn't feel the sheep were being mistreated.

The conversation then moved to views and assumption about the grazier. And I said I felt laurelrus had made an unfair comment. Others disagreed. And that is individuals opinions. 

This is an open forum and as such is full of different views and of course, who knows whether the grazier could well be a forum member too?

laurelrus

• Joined Apr 2014
  • Quainton,Buckinghamshire
  • Hobby farmer
Updae - advice re someone else's sheep currently on our field
« Reply #31 on: February 02, 2018, 09:42:12 am »
Just to say the sheep are going to be moving tomorrow, which is great all round.
Thanks for all the input. Everything that happens is part of the learning curve for us so next time we're asked about having someone's sheep we'll know how to do things in a better way if we do decide to say yes, which is unlikely!
« Last Edit: February 02, 2018, 09:44:26 am by laurelrus »
2 pygmy goats, 3 Ouessant sheep, 19 chickens, 2 donkeys, 2 Shetland ponies and 2 dogs

harmony

• Joined Feb 2012
Re: Advice re someone else's sheep currently on our field
« Reply #32 on: February 02, 2018, 10:03:36 am »
Result then  :thumbsup:

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS