Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Sheep problem  (Read 2244 times)

Ian.mccarthy@hotmail.co.u

• Joined Sep 2016
Sheep problem
« on: January 20, 2018, 09:58:49 am »
We have five pet Suffolk ewes.  In tgeclast couple of days we’ve noticed a small puddle of blood in two different areas where they graze and in the shelter they use..  We can’t see any injuries and no blood staining on their fleeces.  Any suggestions please?

SallyintNorth

• Joined Feb 2011
  • Cornwall
  • Rarely short of an opinion but I mean well
    • Trelay Cohousing Community
Re: Sheep problem
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2018, 10:12:42 am »
Are they in lamb?

Have you been able to check all their feet? 

Could you pen them on cement for an hour or two, to see if blood appears?
Don't listen to the money men - they know the price of everything and the value of nothing

Live in a cohousing community with small farm for our own use.  Dairy cows (rearing their own calves for beef), pigs, sheep for meat and fleece, ducks and hens for eggs, veg and fruit growing

Ian.mccarthy@hotmail.co.u

• Joined Sep 2016
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2018, 10:16:40 am »
Thank you Sally.  They aren’t in lamb.  Yes we ‘ll bring them into the garage and observe (this has a cement floor).

SallyintNorth

• Joined Feb 2011
  • Cornwall
  • Rarely short of an opinion but I mean well
    • Trelay Cohousing Community
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2018, 10:22:16 am »
Bless  :hug:  Love “bring them into the garage” :hugsheep:

Not that I can say anything, I’ve got pictures of a foal in the back pantry, lambs in the living room (and yes in the Rayburn), and did used to let one of the grown bottle-reared lambs follow me through the house just for effect  :D
Don't listen to the money men - they know the price of everything and the value of nothing

Live in a cohousing community with small farm for our own use.  Dairy cows (rearing their own calves for beef), pigs, sheep for meat and fleece, ducks and hens for eggs, veg and fruit growing

Marches Farmer

• Joined Dec 2012
  • Herefordshire
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2018, 01:34:40 pm »
If you do find blood on the cement floor I recommend contacting your vet asap.  This could have a number of causes, all of which need prompt attention.

kanisha

• Joined Dec 2007
    • Spered Breizh Ouessants
    • Facebook
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2018, 02:00:01 pm »
have had a sheep with a nose bleed before now; just noticed spots of blood when they sneezed ....
Ravelry Group: - Ouessants & Company

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS