Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Electric fence advice needed  (Read 5476 times)

HappyHippy

Electric fence advice needed
« on: August 03, 2010, 12:09:43 pm »
Hi all,
I've got a Drivall DF100S electric fence energiser (it runs off big chunky batteries) here's a link to a photo http://www.drivall.com/electricfencing/batterpoweredfencersdf100s.htm
It's been a few years since I used it, and funnily enough the instructions have gone walkabout  ::)
Can someone tell me how to connect it up please, I've got a nagging memory of needing an earth spike - is this right ? or do I just connect one clip to each end of the tape ? (Too many pregnancies have totally melted my brain  ;) ;D ;D ;D)
Thank you

lazybee

• Joined Mar 2010
Re: Electric fence advice needed
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2010, 12:35:24 pm »
Hello, Yes it will need an earth spike. Best to water it in too especially  in the dry weather.

HappyHippy

« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2010, 12:43:17 pm »
Thanks Lazybee  ;D
Erm............what do I do with it ? lol!
Do I connect one of the clips to it and the other to the tape ? Don't want to fry my piggies (well, not yet  ;))

ser3dan

• Joined Jul 2010
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2010, 02:37:41 pm »
Hi Happyhippy,
I think it'll be the red clip to the fence, and the green one goes to the earth spike - I think!

Crasher

• Joined Aug 2010
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2010, 03:06:31 pm »
Hello
If its anything like my Hotline fencing kit, then yes the Red clip is the live clip that connects to the fence, and the green clip goes to the earth spike.

The watering-in tip is a good one, as is to ensure that the spike is as deep into the soil as you can get it!

Regards

dannidub2000

• Joined Aug 2010
  • Northants
    • Brook Farm Rare Breeds
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2010, 06:59:27 pm »
And i thought i was i was the only lostg my marbles with monkeys  ;)
Danni
Brook Farm Rare Breeds
Northants

humphreymctush

• Joined Jul 2010
  • orkney
« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2010, 06:47:43 pm »
The galvanised pins that joint sheep handling equipment make good earth spikes and so do the pins that join ring feeders.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS