Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Water Pump and Expantion Vessel Query  (Read 3110 times)

Yorick

• Joined Aug 2010
Water Pump and Expantion Vessel Query
« on: August 18, 2010, 01:55:44 pm »
Hello to everyone. :)
I recently bought an old run down smallholding, that has it's own water supply. I thought that water would cost me less, but it needs looking. A local Farmer gave me the number for a company that maintains these pumps, but the call out cost is £125.00 :o
Please could somebody advise me what the best thing to do is? As £125.00 is a lot of money to me, would any plumber know how to replace the expantion vessel? ???

Brucklay

• Joined Apr 2010
  • Perthshire
    • Brucklay Pygmy Goats
    • Facebook
Re: Water Pump and Expantion Vessel Query
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2010, 09:18:49 am »
Hi - I'm no expert but when we got our place there was a bore hole and nothing else - we fitted the pump, expansion chamber and then we have direct feed to the cottage - all works great unless we have a very bad lightening storm that can sometime fry the capacitor that controls the pump - with everything switched off - it shouldn't be difficult to replace
Pygmy Goats, Shetland Sheep, Zip & Indie the Border Collies, BeeBee the cat and a wreak of a building to renovate!!

Yorick

• Joined Aug 2010
Re: Water Pump and Expantion Vessel Query
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2010, 11:18:01 pm »
Thank you Brucklay, today, spoke with a guy who 'knows about pumps' and I am all 'gen-ed up'.
If any one following this thread wants to know about water pumps and expansion vessels.............look me up. :wave:

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS