Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: What did you have for breakfast?  (Read 25171 times)

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
Re: What did you have for breakfast?
« Reply #30 on: August 06, 2010, 11:36:24 am »
Porridge on ti sown - without sugar or honey is the best start to the day you could have.  It releases energy gradually.  I know that is what I should do but I just reach for the quick and easy corn flakes, and now I'm hungry again at 11.30.  off to do some painting to keep my mind off it.
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

daniellestocks

• Joined Jun 2009
  • Nr Pickering, North Yorkshire
« Reply #31 on: August 06, 2010, 11:58:34 am »
I had a pack of quavers and a coffee this morning, no so good for my diet, im supposed to be cutting out caffine  ::) oh well, im not a fan of milk so never have cereal, it usuayl something like a slice of toast with eggs and mackeral  :yum:

Sandy

« Reply #32 on: August 06, 2010, 12:44:37 pm »
I love porrage and usualy do have sugar as it is a bit like wallpaper paste otherwise...def NO salt as I never have extra salt on things, also, I am not too keen on cereal as I am Lactose intolerant and if I have a bit too much milk I get very bloated, can't stop huge burps and feel sick for about 30 mins so not nice although a good party trick ;) However, I did have cereal and Anne, I am hungry again :( so off to make another cuppa to pretend and then get back to my cleaning...I WAS painting too but we have guests arriving so it wouldn't be nice for me to be doing the room around them, even though only one wall is done!!!!!

sheardale

• Joined Apr 2009
  • Dollar, Clacks, Scotland
« Reply #33 on: August 06, 2010, 12:58:55 pm »
Milky coffee, a roll on meat, then a cake.        :chook:

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • Facebook
« Reply #34 on: August 06, 2010, 01:54:59 pm »
I love porrage and usualy do have sugar as it is a bit like wallpaper paste otherwise...def NO salt as I never have extra salt on things, also, I am not too keen on cereal as I am Lactose intolerant and if I have a bit too much milk I get very bloated, can't stop huge burps and feel sick for about 30 mins so not nice although a good party trick ;) However, I did have cereal and Anne, I am hungry again :( so off to make another cuppa to pretend and then get back to my cleaning...I WAS painting too but we have guests arriving so it wouldn't be nice for me to be doing the room around them, even though only one wall is done!!!!!
But you English never know how to make GOOOOOODDDD  porridge! ;)  I'll make some for you sometime that won't look or taste like wall paper paste. ;D  Have done the undercoat in my utility room, left it to dry while I had a slice of toast and a cup of tea, and a banana, now off to do the top coat.  Dogs wandering about in the rain so took Bobby in to keep Freckles company - they played for a bit and now are sleeping on the bed beside the computer. They'll be on their feet the second I stand up though.  Might end up with two tricolours ;D ;D ;D
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

Sylvia

• Joined Aug 2009
« Reply #35 on: August 06, 2010, 02:01:16 pm »
This morning I had half a sausage, french beans, courgettes, sweet corn and onion gravy---left over from last night, hotted up! :-*

plumseverywhere

• Joined Apr 2013
  • Worcestershire
    • Its Baaath Time
    • Facebook
« Reply #36 on: August 06, 2010, 02:39:49 pm »
none today - had my hair dyed instead  ;)
Smallholding in Worcestershire, making goats milk soap for www.itsbaaathtime.com and mum to 4 girls,  goats, sheep, chickens, dog, cat and garden snails...

northfifeduckling

• Joined Jan 2009
  • Fife
    • North Fife Blog
« Reply #37 on: August 06, 2010, 06:17:29 pm »
went out for late morning coffee with my girls, mum and friends, had a scone with butter and jam as I never get my own scones just as perf :&>ect as those!! Utter luxury :yum: :yum:

Sandy

« Reply #38 on: August 07, 2010, 11:04:09 pm »
Anne, we have made porrage for many a Scott and they love it...I know they like a bit of salt and often a wee drop of Whiskey but we don't do that...I still love it with sugar like I love weetabix with sugar but I don't have it...no matter where you live or come from..ya likes what ya likes!!

sheardale

• Joined Apr 2009
  • Dollar, Clacks, Scotland
« Reply #39 on: August 07, 2010, 11:08:38 pm »
cereal, fruit juice, burger & onion roll, milky coffee. 

Sandy

« Reply #40 on: August 07, 2010, 11:46:33 pm »
Now with milky coffee you need a rich tea or maybe a digestive...both plain............

WinslowPorker

• Joined Mar 2010
« Reply #41 on: August 08, 2010, 07:56:35 am »
roasted tomatoes on toast again yum yum  :yum:

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • Facebook
« Reply #42 on: August 08, 2010, 11:18:14 am »
Yuk I couldn't eat anything cooked for breakfast.  Except porridge.  Decided my weight has got beyond a joke so started this morning with porridge and a cup of coffee.  Now past the time when I normally feel hungry(11 am) and so far no tummy twinges so it must be working.

Daveravey

• Joined Jul 2009
  • Fife
« Reply #43 on: August 08, 2010, 12:09:13 pm »
A glass of milk

Mickyork

• Joined Feb 2010
  • Yeadingham, North Yorkshire
« Reply #44 on: August 08, 2010, 03:18:57 pm »
Spoiled myself today.  My mates home made sausages with fresh eggs from down the lane on my home made buns.  Was lovely.  :yum: :yum: :yum:
Live for today. Tomorrow never comes

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS