Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: mincer  (Read 15619 times)

stephen

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Kent
mincer
« on: August 22, 2008, 11:17:49 pm »
does anyone know where i can get (or the make of) a mincer that wont have a problem with bones? i ideally want something that i can put the following (containing bones) through:

fish
rabbit
poultry
etc
etc................???? ;D

Rosemary

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Barry, Angus, Scotland
    • The Accidental Smallholder
Re: mincer
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2008, 06:13:28 pm »
Could lend you my dog... the output's not much use though  :D

stephen

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Kent
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2008, 10:51:09 pm »
lol ive got three of them already that would love the job!!

rustyme

« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2008, 04:25:19 pm »
you could try northern tool and equipment, they do some food preperation stuff, grinders (manual and electric), plus most other tools needed in food prep. They also do a very comprehensive collection of all sorts of other tools too. Prices seem good, as the stuff isn't cheapo rubbish that falls apart first time you use it . I have no idea though, if the mincers/grinders will do what you want , but it is worth a look anyway. Here is the link :

http://www.northerntooluk.com/

Hope it is of use ....

cheers

Russ

stephen

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Kent
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2008, 08:29:43 pm »
thanks rusty ill take a look!  :)

carole

• Joined Oct 2007
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2008, 09:18:01 pm »
Hi Stephen

I too am looking for this type of equipment and have been told that E-Bay is the place to look, if you have any joy please let us know

Cheers
Carole

stephen

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Kent
« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2008, 11:07:48 am »
ive emailed customer services at a couple of places so ill post if any of them give me good news!

Francis Bacon

• Joined Jan 2008
  • Belabre, France
« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2008, 06:46:18 pm »
Stephen

Just had a look @ Ebay, does seem to cater for all. We are lucky at the mo our French Farmer neighbour said we could borrow his  :P  I'm also after a meat slicer it's just the courier fee to France  :-\ let us know how you get on though, would be interested to know.
Donna
I Love mornings - I just wish they came later in the day!

Francis Bacon

• Joined Jan 2008
  • Belabre, France
« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2008, 06:52:12 pm »
Stephen, I've just had a look at your site, They are all such beautiful cats & kittens especially the Bengals - Want One! However do you manage to part with them? When I was younger :-X we had a Ragdoll, she was beautiful & was exactly that a ragdoll she was so relaxed & floppy!!
Sorry not about a mincer but am sure you wont mind ;)
Donna
I Love mornings - I just wish they came later in the day!

paulb

• Joined Aug 2008
« Reply #9 on: August 27, 2008, 08:08:42 pm »
Hi Stephen,
              Im a butcher and would suggest most basic mincers would be fine if you get a `kindey` plate for it, this is a plate that goes infront of the knife of mincer with no holes in, should be avalaible with most makes, mince though on this first to break up whatever you need nincing then put a finer plate on with holes and put though again it should run though fine.

Paul.

stephen

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Kent
« Reply #10 on: August 28, 2008, 09:55:21 am »
thanks donna thats very nice of you to say! we are actually in the process of building a new website (same URL) that will be online in a couple of months with an awful lot of changes! erm well we have a bad habit of keeping a cat from most of the litters we have! marble mable (clouded leopard) is the one we kept last time, people kept offering stupid amounts of money for her but we had already decided she was our new baby! and she loved the new puppy as well! another trick is to plan the litters so a new one is born just as another is about to go!

paulb - thanks for that, it was something i had concidered but am concerned about voiding the warranty as most say no to bones! i recieved an email from a company yesterday saying they could meet my requirements so ill post once they have gotten back to me!

;D

stephen

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Kent
« Reply #11 on: August 28, 2008, 10:59:25 am »
ascott recommended this:
http://www.ascott.biz/acatalog/Professional-Electric-Mincer-DP180.html

another one suggested this:
http://www.northcoastmarines.com/barf_hardware.htm

its the second one down (alfa grinder!)

im waiting for some more replys so will post when i get them!!  ;D

paulb

• Joined Aug 2008
« Reply #12 on: August 28, 2008, 06:37:09 pm »
Hi,, mincer looks good,, just a thought if your going use it alot dont waste money buying replacement blades and plates, you can rent them so you get them replaced every 6 months with new ones if you contact `atlantic saw services` works out much cheaper. Also see they have cut resistnt gloves on there, advoid at all costs!!!! They are not stab resistant so not really much good,, chain mail always best option, just word of warning.
Regards,
Paul.

stephen

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Kent
« Reply #13 on: August 29, 2008, 09:08:27 am »
thanks paul! i am a bit accident prone so i think gloves may be a good idea! its not for very heavy use maybe an hour or so once a week!

garden cottage

• Joined Sep 2008
  • forest of dean
« Reply #14 on: October 16, 2008, 10:19:08 pm »
anyone using a kenwood chef mincer attachment for their meat, mr piggy is going off soon like to know if these are man enough.........................neil

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS