Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: A new to me Pate  (Read 5179 times)

Wizard

• Joined Nov 2009
  • North East Lincolnshire
A new to me Pate
« on: July 18, 2010, 01:10:47 pm »
2 pork chops  ex Tesco
1 pack pigs liver    "     all the nasty pipes cut out
1   " of 2 pigs kidneys also ex Tesco cored
1 heaped dessertspoon of sage
1 Teaspoon mixed fresh herbs
1 heaped tablespoon of Atora beef suet
1 cup of yesterdays bread crumbs(NO CRUSTS)
  Salt and Pepper to taste
  Streaky bacon as required
Pass all the meat through a 6m/m mincer plate.Put all in the "Chef" bowl and mix well then mix again with the S & P added Add a splash of Port wine if you like it don't over do it.Line a Pate or 1lb loaf tin with stretched streaky bacon fill with the mixture and bake Gas 4 for 21/2 hours.
Don't do today what can be put off until tomorrow because today will be yesterday tomorrow

woodlandproductsfife

• Joined Jul 2010
Re: A new to me Pate
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2010, 01:17:02 pm »
mmmmmm that sounds lovely Wiz, Your the man.
Craig

Mickyork

• Joined Feb 2010
  • Yeadingham, North Yorkshire
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2010, 01:39:49 pm »
Sounds good Wiz man.  :yum:  I did something similar with packs of marked down liver & heart from Morrisons. Paid £2.25 for 3 packs of pigs liver & 2 packs of lambs heart. Can't beat the cheap shelf  :)
Live for today. Tomorrow never comes

Wizard

• Joined Nov 2009
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2010, 03:33:58 pm »
I'm with you all the way Mick There wasn't any thing in the dustbin shelves to interest me at all.Last week there were some packs of their own cut Mature Canadian Cheddar Cheese.Just the job it bit back when you bit it.Smashing ;D :farmer:
Don't do today what can be put off until tomorrow because today will be yesterday tomorrow

Mickyork

• Joined Feb 2010
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2010, 06:01:54 pm »
I do enjoy a strong cheese. I have family in Italy & at least twice a year I take delivery of a parcel of cheese, usually a large block of fresh parmesan or Parmigiano-Reggiano as it's properly named & a selection of home made salami's  Yummy  :yum:  :yum:

Wizard

• Joined Nov 2009
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2010, 08:06:27 pm »
Now them I can go with Mick I usually save the rind with a bit of cheese left on and eat it like a sweet suck it to death Luvli  :farmer: :wave:

Mickyork

• Joined Feb 2010
« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2010, 08:31:23 pm »
When the parcel comes I usually end up pigging out on cheese & salami. So much so last time I felt really sick  ;D  Still learning from my mistakes at my age ha ha ha   The cheese is still soft when I get it & I love it with baby plum tomatoes, fresh basil & loads of black pepper  :yum: :yum: :yum:

Wizard

• Joined Nov 2009
« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2010, 09:23:27 am »
Gi ower Mick you are mekkin me ungry and jealous :D :D :farmer:

Mickyork

• Joined Feb 2010
« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2010, 01:22:46 pm »
If I'm ever in your neck of the woods Wiz I'll call in with some  8) 8) 8) 8)

Wizard

• Joined Nov 2009
« Reply #9 on: July 19, 2010, 02:04:19 pm »
If you are ever here and fancy slummin it call.True story Mick.When the 8th Earl of Yarborough married his sweetheart Anna Karen Now of course Lady Yarborough.A big party was held at Brocklesby Park and all the tenants were invited from the peasants like me and Kath to the very prosperous grand farmers of the estate and one wanders over and sneering down his nose said "and what may I arsk are you doing here Baker"To which I instantly replied (Cos I had me real thin skin on that night) "Oh only slumming with the tenant farmers" OMG Now that is not the answer he expected at all.Lady Anna who over heard him Said"and that told him George"

« Last Edit: July 19, 2010, 02:09:32 pm by Wizard »

Mickyork

• Joined Feb 2010
« Reply #10 on: July 19, 2010, 05:23:15 pm »
Ha ha ha there's a couple round here that have their heads that far up their own arses they can taste their food twice. Can't stand stuck up people. No need for any of it

woodlandproductsfife

• Joined Jul 2010
« Reply #11 on: July 19, 2010, 06:45:35 pm »
Hey Wizard man I got 6 Good chook liver will that be enough to make a little pate? what do you suggest?

Craig
Craig

Wizard

• Joined Nov 2009
« Reply #12 on: July 19, 2010, 08:44:48 pm »
Have a look on Recipes W

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS