Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Pig and Poultry sale Lanark 5th August  (Read 11870 times)

HappyHippy

Re: Pig and Poultry sale Lanark 5th August
« Reply #15 on: July 29, 2010, 03:18:07 pm »
Apologies folks................really thought the sale list would be up by now :(
I think they're busy with a big sale - maybe next week  ???
It doesn't bother me too much - I'm going anyway  ;D ;D ;D I've got to drop my kids in Lanark at 10am, so will be there 10 minutes after. I think I'll manage to recognise Annie  ;) ;D :-*  How about a quick meet before the sale to put faces to names then a sit down in the cafe around 2pm (that way we won't be walking past people that we could be talking to  ;D)

Daveravey

• Joined Jul 2009
  • Fife
« Reply #16 on: August 02, 2010, 04:50:05 pm »
Catalogue has still not been published yet 

Hopefully, it'll be up before wednesday

sheardale

• Joined Apr 2009
  • Dollar, Clacks, Scotland
« Reply #17 on: August 02, 2010, 06:34:46 pm »
I have been trying to get the sales list from the site to no avail.  I fancy a couple of wee bantams.  I may go anyway, just for a wee nosey about.  Its years since i have been there.  I shall be the wee fat wife with the lost look on my face.

Simon O

• Joined Mar 2010
  • Bonkle
« Reply #18 on: August 03, 2010, 02:40:26 pm »
Just printed it off - don't know if I'll be able to sneak away from work to get there though!

Daisys Mum

• Joined May 2009
  • Scottish Borders
« Reply #19 on: August 03, 2010, 02:43:28 pm »

Totally p****d off was really looking forward to going but work has come in and can't afford to refuse, still got the horses hay to pay for.
Anne

Daveravey

• Joined Jul 2009
  • Fife
« Reply #20 on: August 03, 2010, 03:13:19 pm »
After having a look at the online catalogue, i've decided i'm gonna save my Barrs bottles up for the Rare Breed sale on the 19th instead.

egglady

• Joined Jun 2009
« Reply #21 on: August 03, 2010, 04:04:20 pm »
had a look at the catalogue and nothing in the pig area that i fancy so will give it a miss i think - plus dragging 3 bairns along with me isnt my idea of fun

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
« Reply #22 on: August 03, 2010, 06:31:34 pm »
I won't be there either, going to IKEA with my daughter and grandkids for lunch
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

HappyHippy

« Reply #23 on: August 03, 2010, 08:06:45 pm »
I'm still going along. I really need some more chickens  ;)
And I might just have to have a wee look at the 2 saddleback's with piglets or the GOS crosses - mmmmmm choices choices  ;D

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • Facebook
« Reply #24 on: August 03, 2010, 11:43:49 pm »
I'm still going along. I really need some more chickens  ;)
And I might just have to have a wee look at the 2 saddleback's with piglets or the GOS crosses - mmmmmm choices choices  ;D

www.bhwt.co.uk - ex batts???
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

valr

• Joined Apr 2010
  • Brightons nr Falkirk
« Reply #25 on: August 05, 2010, 06:31:22 am »
I hope you find some nice chooks HH!
 Wish I was coming!
 INSTEAD I am going into the office to announce that I am dissolving the business partnership. I have discovered that my business partner has been effectively stealing from me by drawing around £1000 a month more for himself than he deigns to pay me. As  a result I have had 2 late mortgage payments this year. I have also discovered that he MAKES one eighth of the money I do for the firm. I feel such a fool for trusting him and leaving him in charge of firm finances. He said he would do it as I am "no good" at it and he has sole access to alll the bank passwords and accounts info etc.  A chat with our accountant last night put me fully in the picture and I am shocked and angered and saddened. God knows what he has been taking without me knowing over the past 4 years.
Stressful day ahead hence I have been up since 5am, smoking fags and fretting!  :'(

Hardfeather

« Reply #26 on: August 05, 2010, 07:17:36 am »
Oh dear...

Greed is bad, but deceit is worse.  :(

Good luck with that.

Simon O

• Joined Mar 2010
  • Bonkle
« Reply #27 on: August 05, 2010, 09:09:29 am »
Anybody know what time the sale is likely to finish - I have not been before - does it go on after lunch, as I know I cannot get there in the morning.
Simon

HappyHippy

« Reply #28 on: August 05, 2010, 09:26:16 am »
Hi Simon, yes it goes on after lunch, I don't remember the exact order it runs in - but the pigs were last to be sold last time round - maybe see you there (I've got a blue buggy with a red haired curly boy in it - he'll be making LOTS of noise lol!)
Valr - OMFG ! I hope your day goes as well as it can. I'm continually amazed by what some people think they can get away with - have they never heard of KARMA ? Get your day out the way, then get yourself close to some piggies - it's amazing how quick they de-stress you !

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • Facebook
« Reply #29 on: August 05, 2010, 09:29:58 am »
I hope you find some nice chooks HH!
 Wish I was coming!
 INSTEAD I am going into the office to announce that I am dissolving the business partnership. I have discovered that my business partner has been effectively stealing from me by drawing around £1000 a month more for himself than he deigns to pay me. As  a result I have had 2 late mortgage payments this year. I have also discovered that he MAKES one eighth of the money I do for the firm. I feel such a fool for trusting him and leaving him in charge of firm finances. He said he would do it as I am "no good" at it and he has sole access to alll the bank passwords and accounts info etc.  A chat with our accountant last night put me fully in the picture and I am shocked and angered and saddened. God knows what he has been taking without me knowing over the past 4 years.
Stressful day ahead hence I have been up since 5am, smoking fags and fretting!  :'(

Sorry to hear that, VAl.  Come round for a chat if you like - finance stuff I Do understand - and how to detect fraud - I presume he will be charged?

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS