Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Boundary dispute stolen land by the woodland trust  (Read 10185 times)

SmallWelshBarn

• Joined Sep 2014
Boundary dispute stolen land by the woodland trust
« on: September 29, 2017, 11:56:16 am »
I feel like banging my head against a wall. I have a section of my fence line that does not match with the past OS maps. A corner of my land is now showing as being owned and registered to the woodland trust. However my deeds show different and documents registered in the 1980s show the missing land is part of my parcel. Its never been sold.
The original purchase transaction documents from the forestry commission to the woodland trust are not held at the land registry only a submitted map any one can submit a bloody map !!!!!
The woodland trust refuse to show me the purchase transaction maps etc they say they bought the land I say well prove it to me then. You can buy land that does not belong to the seller.
I am sick of them trying to push me about. There is no such thing as land theft. So I will be fencing in the stolen land. They then can spend money on taking me to court as I have all the correct documentation. They won't be able to remove my fence as that would be classed as criminal damage !!!
The woodland trust should be honest instead of being dishonest.
Fuming.

harmony

• Joined Feb 2012
Re: Boundary dispute stolen land by the woodland trust
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2017, 12:03:53 pm »
You certainly don't live a quiet life in your neck of the woods!

SmallWelshBarn

• Joined Sep 2014
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2017, 12:23:09 pm »
You certainly don't live a quiet life in your neck of the woods!

I want to live a quiet life. However people keep getting in the way !!! Simple solution over a boundary dispute would be show me your purchase map period !

Fleecewife

• Joined May 2010
  • South Lanarkshire
    • ScotHebs
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2017, 12:55:20 pm »
Even pre 1066 endless boundary disputes, little and large, went through the Courts.  Solicitors love 'em  :innocent:  (apologies to the solicitors on TAS)
"Let's not talk about what we can do, but do what we can"

There is NO planet B - what are YOU doing to save our home?

Do something today that your future self will thank you for - plant a tree

Love your soil - it's the lifeblood of your land.

Penninehillbilly

• Joined Sep 2011
  • West Yorks
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2017, 01:22:11 pm »
Why isn't it already fenced Swb?

Womble

• Joined Mar 2009
  • Stirlingshire, Central Scotland
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2017, 01:36:18 pm »
Even pre 1066 endless boundary disputes....

Actually WAY prior to 1066  :)

Quote from: Proverbs22:28
Do not move an ancient boundary stone which was put in place by your ancestors.
"All fungi are edible. Some fungi are only edible once." -Terry Pratchett

SmallWelshBarn

• Joined Sep 2014
« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2017, 02:39:54 pm »
Why isn't it already fenced Swb?

Yes it is fenced however the fence does not correspond with the OS maps thats the issue.

Left hand map registered with land registry for the sale of the yellow box from my land its a radio tower. My land is parcel number 5283 & 5783 this is the map registered with the LR in 1980. Non of my land has changed shape ever. Middle map shows the correct lines for parcel 5783 it also shows the correct position for the radio tower map one shows it against the boundary line which it is not. Map three on the right shows the woodland trust land now overlapping and creating a new line touching the radio tower. You can see the correct boundary line is still in place but now absorbed in to the trust land.
The bottom map is one I have had commissioned it shows by current bounders marked in pink the line in black is where my boundary should be in accordance to the OS maps and historic documents.
Frustrating to say the least.

Glencairn

• Joined Jun 2017
  • Dumfriesshire
« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2017, 03:17:04 pm »
Things have changed a bit since the land registry went online.

It is infuriating that the people who register the land first in the current manner are claiming ground that they may not actually have title to.

Sometimes it feels as if you just cant win, with one neighbour doing a land grab by putting up a fence that doesn't truly reflect the boundary and another who registered ground that doesn't belong to them!

Still playing with tractors

• Joined Jul 2012
  • Cumbernauld
  • You can never have enough HP
« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2017, 03:27:15 pm »
Its known as land grab, this can be changed through the land rectification process. Your deeds will demonstrate that even though the fence is not in the correct place your boundary still stands. you might need to get it surveyed and it will need to go through a solicitor or land agent.

harmony

• Joined Feb 2012
« Reply #9 on: September 29, 2017, 05:27:57 pm »
Are OS maps the most reliable source? Are they regularly updated on line now? Certainly for public rights of way they are never 100% accurate at any given time.

SmallWelshBarn

• Joined Sep 2014
« Reply #10 on: September 29, 2017, 05:35:10 pm »
Its known as land grab, this can be changed through the land rectification process. Your deeds will demonstrate that even though the fence is not in the correct place your boundary still stands. you might need to get it surveyed and it will need to go through a solicitor or land agent.

I have had the land surveyed as per the map above. I have had an interesting conversation with the radio tower surveyor they own the little yellow square. He agrees the map is not correct and will try to help me get the issue resolved as their maps show I own the land. I also pointed out that the wood land trust have also stolen a corner of the tower plot !!!
Its going to be interesting to see what happens !

Black Sheep

• Joined Sep 2015
  • Briercliffe
    • Monk Hall Farm
« Reply #11 on: September 29, 2017, 06:18:05 pm »
Sounds annoying but worth considering another perspective. On your top left map the width of the green and red lines in the area in question is actually pretty much the same as the width of the area you are concerned "has been grabbed" in places - the scale of the plans isn't sufficient to provide absolute clarity with boundaries drawn on pen.

The top left and top middle plans also differ in their depiction of the boundary around the right hand corner of the radio tower plot. You say that the middle plan is correct but say the left hand one is the plan filed at the time of the sale. They can't both be right and surely the one filed at the time of the sale has precedence? Note that the Woodland Trust fence (pink in your plan) runs to the right hand corner of the radio tower plot - just as the top left plan shows should be the case.

The plan you have had commissioned is 1:1250 scale and says it is A4. Looking at it and scaling up the width from the on screen view I have the "grabbed" strip is therefore going to be about 15-25m wide or less in places. That could well be within the margin of accuracy of the surveying and drawing technology used by a) your map's surveyor, b) the original plan's surveyor, or c) the people that put the Woodland Trust fence in. Not sure you can therefore say who is right.

If the people that put the Woodland Trust fence in didn't have an existing boundary fence line to reference from then a small margin of error surely wouldn't be unexpected. Doesn't make it right but explains why it may be how it is.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2017, 06:28:59 pm by Black Sheep »

SmallWelshBarn

• Joined Sep 2014
« Reply #12 on: September 29, 2017, 06:41:29 pm »
Oh no I just wrote a huge message that did not save.
Map one bounders lines are correct green land is my land. This map has an issue as the position of the tower is in actuality 5m set back from the boundary. So its build in the wrong place and does not reflect the map. ( Note the yellow radio tower is an oblong )
Map two the OS map line for Parcel 5787 is the correct shape and shows the correct actual position of the tower. You can see that the tower is now missing a corner not matching map one nor what the radio tower owns more land grab by the woodland trust.
Map three shows how the woodland trust have changed the shape of the boundary it now does not match map 1&2
Its not a small error its a fair chunk of land at its widest point its minimum 10meters see the surveyors map. Its in fact the width of a house. Os map shows my boundary originally to the right of a house woodland trust map now show it to the left of the same house.

mart6

• Joined Sep 2014
  • Notts / Yorkshire border
« Reply #13 on: September 29, 2017, 07:14:49 pm »
Sounds like the old bully boy tactics
Do you have any old photos going back over the years?
Few years ago i had a dispute with the largest super market chain went on for years
Thought it may end up in court, but i found some old photos that blew them out the water.

Last couple of properties i bought i had Ariel photos done on purchase, even easier now with drones
Land registry were us the margin of error was larger...lol

Possession is 9/10ths stay in control of land

chrismahon

• Joined Dec 2011
  • Gascony, France
« Reply #14 on: September 29, 2017, 07:37:38 pm »
You are living in the wrong country SWB. Over here it is criminal law that prevents boundary movement, one of the many reasons we moved. You don't get boundary disputes in France, or if you do they are very quickly resolved.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS