Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Broad Beans salad recipe any others???  (Read 3642 times)

WinslowPorker

• Joined Mar 2010
Broad Beans salad recipe any others???
« on: July 12, 2010, 11:37:41 am »
Hi guys,

After another visit to the local Pick your own, Jess decided she wanted to pick everthing including Broad Beans. Anyway back to mums and she said about peeling them which i did when i got home and they were really nice, anyway had a salad idea:

Couple of handfulls of peeled broad beans
Couple of handfulls of Fresh peas
Tin of Kidney beans or any other bean, Borlotti, butter, haricot the choice is yours.
4 tablespoons of mayo
1 - 2 teaspoons of green pesto
half teaspoon of mint sauce/jelly

Mix all together, was very very nice over our salad and chicken yesterday. (oh i cant wait for Wiz's comments on green pesto)  ;D  :wave:

Wizard

• Joined Nov 2009
  • North East Lincolnshire
Re: Broad Beans salad recipe any others???
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2010, 03:54:33 pm »
Hey up W.P. See if Princess likes these Wash or should I say wipe with a very damp cloth the Broad Bean pods before you take out the beans.Remove the beans Save the pod cut off the ends and cut into chip size make some thinnish batter to your favourite recipe Go mad and buy a Tesco ready mix they're 8p mix with an egg and a drop of water and fry them as you would chips They are good to eat.Jess may just like them
Don't do today what can be put off until tomorrow because today will be yesterday tomorrow

Wizard

• Joined Nov 2009
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2010, 04:11:27 pm »
I would say Iti pooh.but I won't cos I like it Thats shocked you hasn't it.Cannot stand Pasta especially La Sag knee bloody awful stuff spoils good beef mince good tomato and good pasata. Also wastes good Oregano pepper and salt Even one lot of my pigs turned their noses up at it.Mind you if I'm in the mood I will make a Roux thin it with milk to about the consistency of custard stir in some (a lot) of strong grated cheese That that got shoved to the back of the fridge which you didn't notice and its gone all hard and cracked (You wish) Green and rotten more like.Then pour it over some macaroni you have been simmering while you have been preparing the sauce.When it is well mixed Grate a little Parmesan and some stale bread crumbs and scatter over the top Sprinkle a little Paprika on top and put under a hot grill until its all bubbling and spittin Good for supper If you wish you can put almost any thing in Chorezo, Crisp fried bacon. You try something butter fried courgettes aren't bad :D :farmer:
« Last Edit: July 12, 2010, 04:13:33 pm by Wizard »
Don't do today what can be put off until tomorrow because today will be yesterday tomorrow

WinslowPorker

• Joined Mar 2010
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2010, 04:37:23 pm »
Sp Spaghetti, cold boiled eggs, can of tuna, green pesto and some olives would be your idea of hell then Wiz? pasta and fish!! if Mrs wiz dished that up i could imagine the response  :o

Wizard

• Joined Nov 2009
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2010, 08:53:03 pm »
Hey up WP I mainly do the cheffin in here I also do the shopping.I also push the trolley then I can saunter along wi me Freedom 400 in and all the time there is on a Saturday morning.What about these for a change Jess will like these.Put some steak mince through the mincer a couple of times add your favourite spices and S&P to taste crack an egg into a mug and beat it well pour the egg into the burger meat and mix well.Get a little bit and fry it Taste to see what it tastes like.Erm a couple of spots of Tabasco is called for mix again Form a 3 inch ball and press a OXO size piece of Stilton into the center Then fold the meat over to cover the cheese Press out into beef burger size and fry.Do a few chips to go with them and a nice green side salad Nigel was not the first to do that you know :D :farmer:

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS