Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Pigs & Police  (Read 6169 times)

Ghdp

• Joined Aug 2014
  • Conwy
Re: Pigs & Police
« Reply #15 on: September 27, 2017, 09:39:10 am »
Land grabbing
Just before anyone gets in to a major legal wrangle SWB my understanding is this. If the land in question (vacant since 1970s??) had been used by someone without secrecy, payment or permission for more than 12 years as if they owned it then legal rights to it  are acquired. It MAY be that the new neighbour bought the property from your previous neighbour together with the land in dispute on the basis the previous owners has such an acquired title.
Still agree that the new neigbour sounds a d*ck.

Perris

• Joined Mar 2017
  • Gower
« Reply #16 on: September 27, 2017, 01:09:17 pm »
further to that, I think it's without secrecy, payment or permission for 20 years, rather than 12.

chrismahon

• Joined Dec 2011
  • Gascony, France
« Reply #17 on: September 28, 2017, 10:02:04 am »
It is 12 years for land theft and 20 years for establishing easements- rights to access for instance. Need to be careful about provoking legal action as, if it goes to Court and you lose you will pay all his costs as well as your own.

waterbuffalofarmer

• Joined Apr 2014
  • Mid Wales
  • Owner of 61 Mediterranean water buffaloes
« Reply #18 on: September 30, 2017, 05:59:08 pm »
wouldn't now be a good time to wonder that just maybe you live in the wrong area?   ;D Nasty neighbours can be a real pain. Hope you get it sorted out soon!
the most beautiful people we have known are those who have known defeat, known suffering, known struggle, known loss and have found their way out of the depths. These persons have an appreciation, a sensitivity and an understanding of life that fills them with compassion, gentleness, loving concern.

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
« Reply #19 on: October 02, 2017, 01:35:07 pm »
wouldn't now be a good time to wonder that just maybe you live in the wrong area?   ;D Nasty neighbours can be a real pain. Hope you get it sorted out soon!
Hmm, yes, you do seem to have a lot of neighbour problems what with the Woodland Trust too
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

Marches Farmer

• Joined Dec 2012
  • Herefordshire
« Reply #20 on: October 08, 2017, 09:00:08 am »
I consider unpleasant neighbours to be rather like knowing there's a mosquito in the room:  they don't stop you doing things but you can never quite forget that they're there.  Tolerance of nasty ones depends on your level of patience and what other stress factors are going on in your life at the time.

Womble

• Joined Mar 2009
  • Stirlingshire, Central Scotland
« Reply #21 on: October 08, 2017, 09:17:49 am »
That's true, MF. The only problem is that you get into trouble if you splat them against the wall  ;) .
"All fungi are edible. Some fungi are only edible once." -Terry Pratchett

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS