Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Making difficult decisions  (Read 7421 times)

pharnorth

• Joined Nov 2013
  • Cambridgeshire
Re: Making difficult decisions
« Reply #30 on: August 19, 2017, 02:38:50 pm »

The problem here was not that Mrs W disagreed with this, but that because Dinky had never shown her any aggression, she thought I was using a minor transgression as an excuse to get rid of a non-productive animal. Once she witnessed his behaviour first hand, she agreed with me that he has to go.

I have previously been guilty of the same error. We had a cockerel who was always charming in my presence but got a lot of complaints that he was aggressive and chasing people around. I assumed it was exaggerated and I failed to realise how bad he was or how scary it was until I saw it first hand.

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
« Reply #31 on: August 19, 2017, 06:59:36 pm »
It's surprising how aggressive some animals can be. I had a hand reared goat from the age of 5 weeks. She was so sweet as a tiny thing but soon started to show her true colours.  She would go out of her way to knock me over - I'm not steady on my feet - and then started on other people. She wasn't so bad with other goats or the dogs. She did taste nice though. In fact, I found there was a certain pleasure in the Karma of eating her. Got her daughter now who is little sweetie.

Penninehillbilly

• Joined Sep 2011
  • West Yorks
« Reply #32 on: August 21, 2017, 11:49:13 am »
It's surprising how aggressive some animals can be. I had a hand reared goat from the age of 5 weeks. She was so sweet as a tiny thing but soon started to show her true colours.  She would go out of her way to knock me over - I'm not steady on my feet - and then started on other people. She wasn't so bad with other goats or the dogs. She did taste nice though. In fact, I found there was a certain pleasure in the Karma of eating her. Got her daughter now who is little sweetie.
There is something about that ultimate revenge isn't there LOL

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
« Reply #33 on: August 21, 2017, 11:54:54 pm »
I have a young student who works for me, cleaning out the goats and doing some gardening. I gave him some of that goat and he said he enjoyed every mouthful. He had also had a number of run-ins with her.  :roflanim:

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS