Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Blue Tongue Virus France  (Read 1353 times)

kanisha

• Joined Dec 2007
    • Spered Breizh Ouessants
    • Facebook
Blue Tongue Virus France
« on: June 04, 2017, 11:09:33 am »
significant shift in the occurance of  the most recent cases of BTV in France has changed the map considerably.
 The most recent cases are highlighted in yellow. with one outbreak on the north coast of france. No doubt some body who chanced not vaccinating. it is worth noting that the previous outbreak which required obligatory vaccination of livestock resulted in an erradication of the disease in France for a period of at least four years now it looks very much as if we are stuck with it!!

You may want to review your vaccination protocol with your vet before animals get to  the breeding season...

http://agriculture.gouv.fr/liste-des-departements-et-des-communes-classes-en-zone-reglementee-fco
« Last Edit: June 04, 2017, 11:12:13 am by kanisha »
Ravelry Group: - Ouessants & Company

Marches Farmer

• Joined Dec 2012
  • Herefordshire
Re: Blue Tongue Virus France
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2017, 07:31:59 pm »
I already have my name on my vet's list for SBV and BTV8.  My flock is now on its 5th generation of being closed with a strict culling policy for any sort of problem, so each animal is virtually irreplaceable.  I'm not willing to take the risk.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS