Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: RASPBERRY CURD  (Read 7766 times)

Moregin

• Joined Oct 2009
  • Grangemouth
Re: RASPBERRY CURD
« Reply #15 on: July 21, 2010, 11:42:15 am »
Strawberry vodka, is a doddle - but doesn't keep as well as some, it's more a make it drink it type.

I use a 300g coffee jar and put about 1.5 to 2 inches of sugar in the bottom, about a punnet of fruit and top with a bottle of the cheapest vodka I can find - if the jar's not full I add more fruit.  Shake daily until the sugar has dissolve. then bottle and drink....
Try to be the type of person your dog thinks you are!

egglady

• Joined Jun 2009
« Reply #16 on: July 22, 2010, 03:43:27 pm »
just adapted a recipe and have to share it:

350g plain flour
1/2 tspn baking powder
1/2 tspn bicarb of soda

sift these together into a bowl and rub in 140g marg or butter till looks like breacrumbs

stir in 175g caster sugar and 85g dark choc chips

Mix in 100g of raspberry curd and 2 beaten eggs till it is a soft dough

spoon out about 30 dollops onto baking trays - flatten slightly & bake for 12-15 minutes at 180

leave to cool for a minute then pop on wire rack to cool.

when cool drizzle with 100g of icing sugar and some mashed up rasps (seeds removed)

try and hide from your kids or else they will be gone in a flash!  (i speak from expereince here!) :yum:

dizzy1pig

• Joined Jan 2010
  • Leuchars, Fife
« Reply #17 on: July 22, 2010, 09:03:51 pm »
mmm..... sounds good Laura.....
got any frizzle/silkie yet
 :wave:

egglady

• Joined Jun 2009
« Reply #18 on: July 22, 2010, 10:01:23 pm »
no not yet, have 6 black rocks on order and 18 or so isa browns waiting to go in the incubator!  think it might be too late for frizzels after that, though Megan asks me at least 3 times a week when we can hatch some!

Birdie Wife

• Joined Oct 2008
« Reply #19 on: July 23, 2010, 12:19:00 pm »
Rhubarb and raspberry curd is delicious too, as is rhubarb and blackcurrant. Shame the rhubarb's gone over now  :)

Add some lemon juice to the mix if you're trying strawberry curd, it'll help the set  :D

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS