Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Hand shearing and self shedding sheep  (Read 5692 times)

ronnie newbie

• Joined Feb 2014
Re: Hand shearing and self shedding sheep
« Reply #15 on: May 31, 2017, 08:24:38 pm »
We recommend the Two Stand Blade Gang, Michael and Alan just sheared our Ronnies (only 6). Fantastic. Happy Sheep :sheep: :sheep:

Dans

• Joined Jun 2012
  • Spalding
    • Six Oaks
    • Facebook
« Reply #16 on: June 05, 2017, 04:08:26 pm »
Thank you [member=3444]bazzais[/member] I tend to feel that I should just know all these things rather than be posting so much. But if I tried to learn everything before getting started I would never get started! I wanted to raise our own animals to know that they had a good life and death, we home slaughter the chickens so we can do that, but we will be trusting in the abattoir for other meats. I figure if I keep asking I can keep ensuring we really are doing our best for the animals.

Ok so I'll message the wool  board about a hand shearing course and add my voice to the mix. I'm also message the Two Stand Blade Gang and see if they are doing a course (It's funny you should mention them [member=35697]ronnie newbie[/member] , they did our girls).

And I'll have a go at rooing the two sheep that were done over and under, if I can get them to stand with a halter....

Dans
9 sheep, 24 chickens, 3 cats, a toddler and a baby on the way

www.sixoaks.co.uk

www.facebook.com/pg/sixoakssmallholding

www.goodlife.sixoaks.co.uk

Dans

• Joined Jun 2012
  • Spalding
    • Six Oaks
    • Facebook
« Reply #17 on: June 11, 2017, 10:02:44 pm »
Well I booked myself onto the Two Stand Blade Gang's course. So fingers crossed my back is up to it tomorrow. At the very least hopefully I'll be better at turning sheep by the end!

Dans
9 sheep, 24 chickens, 3 cats, a toddler and a baby on the way

www.sixoaks.co.uk

www.facebook.com/pg/sixoakssmallholding

www.goodlife.sixoaks.co.uk

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS