Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: 100 bhp ish tractor and loder  (Read 2391 times)

ho !sheep!

• Joined Mar 2017
100 bhp ish tractor and loder
« on: March 28, 2017, 12:06:13 pm »
hi tractor shopping for main machine for 100 acers our local merchants have...

JOHN DEERE 6110 SE 18k, CASE IH 5140 LOADER TRACTOR 13k, MASSEYY FERGUSON 399 TRACTOR 13k all good 1990s besets or CASE JX90 4WD TRACTOR 2005 15k no loader! I like this one and the dealer can arranger for a loader to be fitted    McCORMICK C90 MAX 22k never herd of the make

I'm happy with the older ones but the boss wants to get newer kit more reliability he thinks. I have a total kit budget and of course it will mean finding savings ells were.
we will be making small bale hay and haylage  be rotation planting brassicas red clover and chicory lays in-between the rows of solar panels (good field shelters) got 4 contractors look at it and they said no as there kits to big rows are going to be set 4m apart. so we will be needing a far bit of kit.  the difference is the cost of seed drill and power harrows and descent baler.  help please I used to drive red and the doors open the right way so I can stow my slide rear the wheel arch I'm a wheelchair user can climb in but cant step back wards so use slide to get out.

shep53

• Joined Jan 2011
  • Dumfries & Galloway
Re: 100 bhp ish tractor and loder
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2017, 12:35:21 pm »
It is totally up to you which ever tractor you feel comfortable with all are decent tractors  and could be good or rubbish , you say the price but you don't say how clean / damaged they are  and how many hours on the clock .  . Personally I would be giving the JD a really good going  over , do you have a friend who is a mechanic and could help

ho !sheep!

• Joined Mar 2017
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2017, 12:56:07 pm »
not local to where we are moving. I'm trying to rope in my brother in law but its a busy time on his farm and long drive.
this is the dealer http://www.awilkinsmachinery.co.uk/
the JohnDear looks very tidy but I found everything spaced a long way off. the Ferguson is tatty put me off. just sorting out secure parking for kit as theirs a 6 week gap between getting the land and moving in to the house as they are separate.

shep53

• Joined Jan 2011
  • Dumfries & Galloway
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2017, 07:02:51 pm »
Looked at the dealer site  , I would throw out the MF, very reliable tractor but really showing its age ,also the case 5140 starting to look tired .  The hours on all the tractors are low and the remaining 3 look tidy , the McCormick looks like new . Does your brother in law not have a good dealer that might have some nice tractors with delivery as part of the package . Just noticed that the McCormick doesn't have a flat floor in the cab would this be a problem ?
« Last Edit: March 28, 2017, 07:18:51 pm by shep53 »

ho !sheep!

• Joined Mar 2017
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2017, 10:07:17 pm »
deliver from west wales?.. thanks for the comments much appreciated flat floor helps me but not esntal main thing is my 5'3" so with my disability being able to reach and still have enough power to properly and safely operate some tractors and diggers is often an issue
we are will be based in Calne boss of penny's says 24K max or I cant have my car
« Last Edit: March 28, 2017, 10:34:45 pm by ho !sheep! »

shep53

• Joined Jan 2011
  • Dumfries & Galloway
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2017, 12:43:21 pm »
No more dealers in the area ? just to give you a wider choice . Sorry I would still go for the JD  ,  the case has really  bad lights , I see one already damaged  , made in Turkey so I would not be to keen , looks plastic and flimsy  for me , why is the McCormick for sale  ? its very young  and low mileage ? Its all a personal choice !

ho !sheep!

• Joined Mar 2017
« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2017, 03:22:04 pm »
it was just me on a drive past so I didn't stop in for long just picked up contacts the jhondeer and big Mac(lol) was not in stock then, the case with loader is well specked but as you say lights are poor and she is showing her age  but its what I before so less learning curve. by I now know of 2 other dealers in our area but the seem to cater for the huge scale commercial stuff. we shall see

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS