Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Other forums  (Read 11749 times)

daniellestocks

• Joined Jun 2009
  • Nr Pickering, North Yorkshire
Other forums
« on: June 03, 2010, 05:43:51 pm »
Ive recently been going on the Horse and Hound forum and some other forums and have come to the conclusion that this is my favourite by far!!!  ;D
Firstly, HH is sooooo bitchy  ::) some people get there back up about anything and everything  :o it makes me chuckle reading some of the responses, i think the equine indrustry is like it anyway very competitive!  ::)
I was thinking are they all really uptight or am i just realy laid back like virtually lying down  :P lol
The thing is on here you can tell your tale, air your veiw and get on with it and everyone is amicable and friendly  :)
What other forums do you guy go on aswell?
Danielle

Hermit

• Joined Feb 2010
Re: Other forums
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2010, 06:59:12 pm »
I have been on the River Cottage forum for a while, a real good laugh. There are quite a few on here on RC as well. Only came on here cause invited by Wizard.RC is more foody/foraging and seems to be more serious about producing/rearing own food.They also do a great blogs section which is interesting and have members from all over the world with their own problems like bears eating their fruit! This is a good site as well but I do prefer RC to be honest.  Not much time for either lately though as been too busy ;D

Rosemary

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Barry, Angus, Scotland
    • The Accidental Smallholder
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2010, 09:51:47 pm »
This is my favourite by far.  ;D

Roxy

• Joined May 2009
  • Peak District
    • festivalcarriages.co.uk
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2010, 11:51:54 pm »
I go on Down the Lane, when I have time - thats a nice forum.  Also go on a native pony one - used to go on a couple of other horse ones too, but came away due to the falling out, and bitchiness that goes on.  A shame really, as there were only 6 of us on it for ages, and then lots of people joined, and there were committees and moderators - not my scene.

Quite happy on here, and my horse forum.  Don't see trouble on here, which is good!!

Hilarysmum

• Joined Oct 2007
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2010, 08:32:59 am »
This is by far my favourite forum.  I like River Cottage too.     

HappyHippy

« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2010, 09:30:45 am »
I go on to River cottage from time to time, and sometimes the RSPB forum too. But I've got to get a daily fix of TAS or I get withdrawal symptoms lol! Definately my favourite (and I'm not just saying that  ;) ;D)

JulieS

• Joined Mar 2009
  • Devon - EX39 5RF
    • Ford Mill Farm
« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2010, 10:00:25 am »
TAS is definitely my favourite....everyone is so friendly  :) :) :)

The Gloucester Old Spot breeders one is quiet, but good for finding or selling stock.  Also I like Lay My Hat, that's for holiday cottage/apartment/villa/b&b people.

Pedigree GOS Pigs and Butchery for Smallholders.

Daveravey

• Joined Jul 2009
  • Fife
« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2010, 10:05:08 am »
TAS is one of the best around   ;)

IMHO river cottage isn't a patch on what it used to be before the revamp, looks more like a bullitin board now.

Sandy

« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2010, 11:44:43 am »
I like it best too  :) although I have been known to use other forums but feel more at home here!!!!

sheila

• Joined Apr 2008
  • Mablethorpe Lincolnshire
« Reply #9 on: June 04, 2010, 11:46:33 am »
I always come back to this forum even if it is a bit scottish.

Rhodie

• Joined May 2010
« Reply #10 on: June 04, 2010, 12:22:00 pm »
Still new here but I enjoy the attitude of the members compared to some forums, Daveravey, I agree thet RC is not as good now as once was, I rarely go there since the change! As my day job is as a commercial Farm manager, I do visit some cattle and pig sites more attuned to commercial/organic production. I rather like the Scottish connection, Sheila, my ancestors emigrated from Scotland and I am also a piper so have a vague connection  :D

Wizard

• Joined Nov 2009
  • North East Lincolnshire
« Reply #11 on: June 04, 2010, 01:45:18 pm »
Quite honestly I think HFW has lost the plot. :wave: ??? :D :farmer: :wave:
Don't do today what can be put off until tomorrow because today will be yesterday tomorrow

Sharondp

• Joined Jun 2009
« Reply #12 on: June 04, 2010, 05:46:13 pm »
I registered for the Practical Poultry Forum - took 2 weeks for them to send me a password and it's really not an easy forum to use - LOVE this one!  ;D

Daisys Mum

• Joined May 2009
  • Scottish Borders
« Reply #13 on: June 04, 2010, 08:31:56 pm »

This is definately the best, I am not afraid to ask what may seem silly questions as no one seems to mind and don't make you feel stupid. So thanks folks in the words of Tina "Your simply the best"
Anne

fifixx

• Joined Mar 2010
  • Shillingstone, Dorset
    • Bere Marsh Farm
« Reply #14 on: June 07, 2010, 11:05:28 am »
I go on RC and have recently registered for the British Farming forum when looking for ways to control flies!  This is a great forum as you can ask anything no matter how simple.  I couldn't have got through the first kidding with the goats without this forum!!

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS