Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Other forums  (Read 11341 times)

VSS

• Joined Jan 2009
  • Pen Llyn
    • Viable Self Sufficiency.co.uk
Re: Other forums
« Reply #15 on: June 07, 2010, 12:47:05 pm »
Also go to Downsizer, and British Farming Forum
The SHEEP Book for Smallholders
Available from the Good Life Press

www.viableselfsufficiency.co.uk

juliag

• Joined Nov 2008
  • Wanstrow somerset
« Reply #16 on: June 07, 2010, 08:01:25 pm »
This one is by far the best although may I cheekily suggest that Rosemary may be a tad biased......... ;) ;)
juliag

Jackie

• Joined Nov 2009
« Reply #17 on: June 08, 2010, 02:10:06 pm »
Oh for sure this one is the best and thanks to all you guys here Im getting a quite nice smallholding with healthy animals.  ;D

Cobra

• Joined Jun 2010
  • Somerset
    • Millers Of Sedgemoor
    • Facebook
« Reply #18 on: July 10, 2010, 11:06:30 pm »
Useful information can be gathered from quite afew in all fairness when all is said and done.

I'm not saying this cause I'm here, but quite honestly this forum has had me impressed since I came here and Ive not been disappointed so far, but thats cause of you lot isn't it. So hats off to one and all for the input the listening, the courteousness, the helpfulness and support  :bouquet:

Hilarysmum

• Joined Oct 2007
« Reply #19 on: July 11, 2010, 08:47:58 am »
 ;D  That's a lovely thing to say

Sharondp

• Joined Jun 2009
« Reply #20 on: July 11, 2010, 09:35:28 am »
Hear hear!  :)

Wizard

• Joined Nov 2009
  • North East Lincolnshire
« Reply #21 on: July 11, 2010, 12:48:02 pm »
Feel free to comment Anne-marie or you Karen ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D :farmer: ??? ;D ;D Remember ---bella cor blimey you knew she won't a limey ;D :farmer: :wave:
Don't do today what can be put off until tomorrow because today will be yesterday tomorrow

smiffy

• Joined Jun 2008
    • http://www.northmoor-rarebreeds.com/
« Reply #22 on: July 12, 2010, 08:43:45 am »
I go on RC and have recently registered for the British Farming forum when looking for ways to control flies! 

so what is the best method of controlling flies....this must be the worst year for flies i have ever known!!!

i go on here, RC, downsizer... i think tas is the most friendly!

daniellestocks

• Joined Jun 2009
  • Nr Pickering, North Yorkshire
« Reply #23 on: July 12, 2010, 09:54:14 am »
I go on RC and have recently registered for the British Farming forum when looking for ways to control flies! 

so what is the best method of controlling flies....this must be the worst year for flies i have ever known!!!

i go on here, RC, downsizer... i think tas is the most friendly!

The blooming flie are out in force this year arnt they!!!!!! its horendous! my horses are usually fine but this year had to get them fly masks as they are all getting eaten alive!

dixie

• Joined Mar 2009
« Reply #24 on: July 12, 2010, 10:36:08 am »
I use river cottage more then tas, but like them both, I feel I 'know' more people on RC. I use snowheads in the winter, as we ski, and it is fantastic for ski info, it used to be very friendly but then turned really bitchy, snobby with arguments all the time, so I only pop in there for info on resorts etc now and then! I use the gloucester old spots forum too, and farmstock forums but that is very quiet!

lazybee

• Joined Mar 2010
« Reply #25 on: July 12, 2010, 11:38:49 am »
Quite honestly I think HFW has lost the plot. :wave: ??? :D :farmer: :wave:

I quite agree. I don't think he ever found to plot it the first place. His "show" should be considered light entertainment. And he should put his rose tinted specs back in their case where they belong. His programme seems to be a shopfront for the restaurant and business. The way the programme shows the idyll of living off the land is ridiculous you'd be bankrupt within a year, but nevertheless good entertainment.

Wizard

• Joined Nov 2009
« Reply #26 on: July 12, 2010, 01:26:45 pm »
Hello Lb I thought the first series was quite good but he didn't go to The River Cottage with a 99% Mortgage and had to make it pay did he? The fun chasing stock and enticing pigs into the trailer and the antics with Monica are all real but Windmills and solar heat and the like.Fooey
Don't do today what can be put off until tomorrow because today will be yesterday tomorrow

Mickyork

• Joined Feb 2010
  • Yeadingham, North Yorkshire
« Reply #27 on: July 12, 2010, 01:57:05 pm »
I have tried a few different forums & this has been more friendly & helpful if I've needed advice. You might all be mad heads but you aint too bad really ha ha ha   :)    8)
Live for today. Tomorrow never comes

Hilarysmum

• Joined Oct 2007
« Reply #28 on: July 13, 2010, 09:49:02 am »
I used to find the Pig Site an interesting and informative site, but recently it has been over taken by trolls and i find it disheartenign to wade through threads totally irrelevant to the forum and sometimes not even in English.

Wizard

• Joined Nov 2009
« Reply #29 on: July 13, 2010, 10:17:35 am »
You are NOT to read this Dan and Rosemary
I agree with you Mick You and I certainly "Get us muney's woth out on it don't wi" As do many others.No one is bothered about an odd curse Foul Language I am sure will not be tolerated nor should it be but the odd bugger and bluddy is allowed.I think an odd swear is the only way and I think Jackie was very controlled in describing her alleged farmer.I certainly would have named and shamed the Mr B'stard No no no you cannot be sued for slander if what you say/print is true and can prove it to be true.According to my friendly Q.C.He tells me all sorts and I never put sum of money in his pocket in the back of his gown.His Mum said I looked a right bugger in his curly hairs. Every one in court would laff at mi Till I pronounced sentence.Hang I'm he deserves it Cannot have these folk pinching our livestock Look how much I would save George (Chancellor of the Exchequer) if I topped all them as deserves it like these gun happy hero's at the minute.Shoot the Pratt at the scene That would save a fortune for a start.AND don't give me the rubbish that he saw his Mother in bed with the coalman when he was only 5 and its upset the balance of his mind.I had a good balance at one time you could put 100 grins; of lead nicely in the left earhole they don't need hanging then.People I'm on about not Game.Which must be hung for the taste to develop ??? ;D :farmer:
« Last Edit: July 13, 2010, 10:36:51 am by Wizard »

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS