Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: What breeds to you have?  (Read 23143 times)

Hellybee

• Joined Feb 2010
    • www.blaengwawrponies.co.uk
Re: What breeds to you have?
« Reply #30 on: June 08, 2010, 12:04:54 am »
Heres some of them
Russetwood Moondaisy (Daisy) Section  B 2 yo

Dulas Ceri (Sec A mare)

B. Bossy Boots (Section D mare)

B.Rockstar (Sec A yearling colt)

Pontgam sleeping beauty (yes she on a diet ::) )  Section A mare

Forlan Sweet Brier (Sec A mare)

her daughter, Larapinta Siskin (Section A 4 yo mare)

Cadlan Valley Carolina (Sec B mare)

Thats enough for now, dont want to bore you too much ;D

Daisy

• Joined Mar 2010
  • Near Earlston Scottish Borders
« Reply #31 on: June 08, 2010, 01:12:46 pm »
Here are mine

Daisy

Prince
« Last Edit: June 09, 2010, 08:43:02 am by Daisy »

acorn zwartbles

• Joined Sep 2009
« Reply #32 on: June 08, 2010, 10:49:35 pm »
10 shetlands, sport horse youngsters and a couple of welshies plus little british spottie. Trying to cut down and only 3 shetys in foal for this yr.

Laura

loosey

• Joined May 2010
  • Cornwall
« Reply #33 on: June 09, 2010, 08:27:06 pm »
I have an 18hh Shire mare, an 18hh CB x TB and a 2 year old spotty dartmoor pony! :horse:

Hardfeather

« Reply #34 on: June 09, 2010, 10:45:05 pm »
Great to see pics. Lovely ponies. There are lots of horsey folks on here. ;D

I'm also on Horse and Hound forum, Equine World UK, and a couple of others. Do any of you frequent any horse forums? :horse:
« Last Edit: June 09, 2010, 10:48:02 pm by AengusOg »

Hellybee

• Joined Feb 2010
    • www.blaengwawrponies.co.uk
« Reply #35 on: June 10, 2010, 11:44:55 am »
oh yes, between everything.  I go on Saddlesoap (great welsh contingent on there), Hamlets house,(a lovely, supportive,mellow forum)and i m a mod on a very new little one too :)

loosey

• Joined May 2010
  • Cornwall
« Reply #36 on: June 11, 2010, 12:38:29 am »

I'm also on Horse and Hound forum, Equine World UK, and a couple of others. Do any of you frequent any horse forums? :horse:

Me! Who are you on Equine World? :)

Hardfeather

« Reply #37 on: June 11, 2010, 07:33:26 am »
Same as on here ;D I just keep the same username everywhere, otherwise I'd be totally confused ;D

Pony-n-trap

• Joined Jul 2010
  • Aberdeenshire
« Reply #38 on: July 04, 2010, 10:47:23 am »

I frequent Whiteblazes, almost everyday!

I have 4 at the moment, Prince, Standardbred TB, expacer, he is on loan til next June whilst his mum gets on with having a baby and getting wed.  He isnt my type at all but is no problem to look after and he has given my other 3 a bit of sometihng to think about in the herd.

Elma, she is a 16.2 Cleveland Bay, had a hard life as a hunter hirling then was a nanny for her previous owners youngsters, she is now with us and we are trying to build her muscle up to get her into work.  As she has been a law unto herself for about 4 years she can have attitude and when she doesnt want to work she lets you know, but with the walking out for physio she is learning that actually, maybe she isnt the boss!

Isaac, (Absolom Isaiah) 3yo piebald cob, had him since he was 6 months old and am hoping to get him started with longreining later this year once his teeth have settled a bit.

Then there is Odinn, my Pride and Joy, 14.2 Dales Type, came from Appleby.  Ride and Drive although he hadnt done much riding when I got him (I discovered!)  He was lame from March til beginning of June, not sure what happened but think he had taken a HUGE knock, he's back in work now and am desperatley trying to get him fit for driving so I can enjoy the summer from my trap.  Although today is an off day, its pouring down and blowing a gale.

Some Pics for you.

Roxy

• Joined May 2009
  • Peak District
    • festivalcarriages.co.uk
« Reply #39 on: July 05, 2010, 12:12:48 am »
Lovely horses you have !!! 

lazybee

• Joined Mar 2010
« Reply #40 on: July 07, 2010, 05:14:44 pm »
Wow a great selection everyone. I have an arab, a Connemara X Sele Francais, 2 Icelandics, Ollie a little Shetland who is a ball of muscle and can be driven for a couple of hours and barely gets warmed up and a Baudet de Poutou a 15:2 hh MASSIVE donkey (google it) and they all drive chalk and cheese the lot!

The.Grange

« Reply #41 on: July 21, 2010, 01:59:15 pm »
a 16.2tbx shire mare who has recently foaled to an imported 15.2 ish (i haven't measured him since he came over as a yearling)french trotter, i also own. An imported  Trait breton stallion 16hh; a 16.3 CB who drives, 17.3 sports horse eventer, 15.2 cob R&D - in foal, bigget horse I owned was an 18.2 ID showjumper, sired by king of diamonds and a 16.2hh ex champion racing trotter, some pics of some of them  ;D

it won't let me put too many pics on so i've popped on a coulpe - the foal was only a few hours old in the photo so still very wobbly legged  ::) ;D

thought i'd share with a photo of sydneys legs! we are still amazed that his mum managed to carry and deliver without problems a foal with such long legs he must have been curled up like a ball of string!  :D

Roxy

• Joined May 2009
  • Peak District
« Reply #42 on: July 21, 2010, 02:14:30 pm »
Sydney and his mum are gorgeous.  I would love a Shire.  Someone comes to our driving club with theirs, and  I was lucky enough to have a ride on him ......struggled to get on, and worse getting off, so high up.  Made my 16hh ID mare look small even :D  Do you do much driving?  We have some driving ponies among our gang

The.Grange

« Reply #43 on: July 22, 2010, 04:38:37 pm »
Sydney and his mum are gorgeous.  I would love a Shire.  Someone comes to our driving club with theirs, and  I was lucky enough to have a ride on him ......struggled to get on, and worse getting off, so high up.  Made my 16hh ID mare look small even :D  Do you do much driving?  We have some driving ponies among our gang

not as much as i like, we are hoping to do a few weddings soon, we have an original vis et vis carriage and we hopefully have a driving pair (they both drive and are workign together atm) so watch thsi space :D

Roxy

• Joined May 2009
  • Peak District
« Reply #44 on: July 22, 2010, 05:30:24 pm »
Very nice!  Always a demand for carriages for weddings. We have a friend with Haflingers, and he does weddings with a team of 4 over in Tameside. Impressive looking set up he has.  We do weddings and parties etc. for friends. No worries getting matched pairs as our Dales are black and similar sized.  Do mainly driving shows with our exercise carriage and cone driving. OH wants to get into cross country ....stopped driving myself due to a couple of nasty carriage accidents, but will go on as groom, and tootle about driving our pony on the lanes. 

Value my life nowadays, and do risk assesments before agreeing to do anything remotely dangerous :)

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS