Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Animal behavior and welfare mooc  (Read 4993 times)

Fleecewife

• Joined May 2010
  • South Lanarkshire
    • ScotHebs
Re: Animal behavior and welfare mooc
« Reply #15 on: December 14, 2016, 11:15:45 am »
I fell by the wayside unfortunately.  Can I carry on with it, as with Futurelearn, in spite of everyone else having finished?  I know I wouldn't get a certificate, but I didn't want one anyway.
Did you enjoy the whole course Bex?
"Let's not talk about what we can do, but do what we can"

There is NO planet B - what are YOU doing to save our home?

Do something today that your future self will thank you for - plant a tree

Love your soil - it's the lifeblood of your land.

YorkshireLass

• Joined Mar 2010
  • Just when I thought I'd settled down...!
« Reply #16 on: December 14, 2016, 01:34:51 pm »
I also dithered, I think you can defer or restart a course, but if you paid to get certificate you've lost that money.

I like the code!

Bex

• Joined Aug 2014
  • Wales
« Reply #17 on: December 15, 2016, 04:23:29 am »
Yes, I believe you have access to the course material for as long as you like but won't get a certificate.

I did enjoy it. Some of the videos were a hard watch but it was interesting exploring my own views and opinions regarding animal welfare and how they compare to current standards and regulations.
I often question my own morals and ethics around animal welfare especially as it pertains to eating meat and whether I can still justify not being a vegetarian.
As it stands I am still happily omnivorous :)

I was fairly 'horsey' when I was younger but haven't been on or near one in years. And as I plan on having, at the very least, a few rescue donkeys once we get our smallholding, I thought this horse course would be a good way to brush up, so to speak.  :horse:
« Last Edit: December 15, 2016, 04:26:28 am by Bex »
Little bugs have lesser bugs upon their backs to bite 'em. And lesser bugs have lesser bugs and so ad infinitum!

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS