Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Has anyone else noticed  (Read 2467 times)

cans

• Joined May 2013
Has anyone else noticed
« on: December 12, 2016, 07:12:26 am »
We had the Maltesers, then the Toblerone ..........
Has anyone else noticed that Kellogg's Cornflakes have reduced the 500g box to 450g?

Q

• Joined Apr 2013
Re: Has anyone else noticed
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2016, 08:45:55 am »
No hadn't noticed but not really surprised.
These companies still need to stay in business or the products would just disappear for good - I just wish they would be more up front about it and not try to sneak it through.
That bad publicity for toblerone could be very expensive for them.
If you cant beat 'em then at least bugger 'em about a bit.

Bionic

• Joined Dec 2010
  • Talley, Carmarthenshire
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2016, 09:28:00 am »
Just buy your toblerone in Poundland instead and get it for, surprise, surprise, £1
Life is like a bowl of cherries, mostly yummy but some dodgy bits

Fleecewife

• Joined May 2010
  • South Lanarkshire
    • ScotHebs
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2016, 10:47:42 am »
I hadn't noticed about the flaked corns, no, but I wouldn't eat them if they were the last stuff in the cupboard  :yuck:   

Maybe they'll whittle the sizes down til they're so small they disappear..............
Maybe they're encouraging we fatties to eat smaller portions....sooo altruistic  :idea:
"Let's not talk about what we can do, but do what we can"

There is NO planet B - what are YOU doing to save our home?

Do something today that your future self will thank you for - plant a tree

Love your soil - it's the lifeblood of your land.

devonlady

• Joined Aug 2014
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2016, 11:12:35 am »
When I was a child Wagon Wheels were enormous, I needed two hands to eat one! Now they're the size of an Oreo.

Alex_

• Joined Jul 2016
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2016, 11:23:22 am »
When I was a child Wagon Wheels were enormous, I needed two hands to eat one! Now they're the size of an Oreo.

Is there a chance you have grown since then  :thinking:

pgkevet

• Joined Jul 2011
« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2016, 12:08:24 pm »

From Wikepedia:
There have been many debates amongst fans of the biscuit about its size. Wagon Wheels have supposedly shrunk in size over time, but Burton's Foods Ltd has denied this. It has been suggested that the supposed shrinkage is due to an adult's childhood memory of eating a Wagon Wheel held in a much smaller hand; this argument is perhaps moot, as it does not explain why the modern Wagon Wheel appears to be fatter than the original. Furthermore, in Australia, Arnott's has stated that tray packs of Wagon Wheels were in fact Mini Wagon Wheels and have re-released the original 48g Wagon Wheels.[7][full citation needed]The original factory in Slough produced the biscuit with crinkled edges and corn cobbs rather than the updated smoother edges. This caused the overall diameter of the biscuit to shrink slightly, but not as much as fans of the biscuit believe.[citation needed]Also, although the UK Wagon Wheel has barely shrunk, it is still noticeably smaller than the Australian equivalent. As of 2006 the diameter of the Australian version is measured at 88 mm which is 14 mm larger than the UK version, while the UK Wagon Wheel is notably thicker by 4 mm.[2]

pharnorth

• Joined Nov 2013
  • Cambridgeshire
« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2016, 01:41:02 pm »
Maybe the size hasn't changed maybe they just got the name wrong. Roller skate wheels was too long to fit on the bill boards.

devonlady

• Joined Aug 2014
« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2016, 07:51:26 pm »

Is there a chance you have grown since then  :thinking:

Well, yes but not that much!!

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS