Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Sheep in the city?  (Read 16238 times)

kanisha

• Joined Dec 2007
    • Spered Breizh Ouessants
    • Facebook
Re: Sheep in the city?
« Reply #60 on: October 06, 2016, 08:18:12 am »
For those who are interested the black ram featured in the photo. He measured in at 43cm at around 18 months old; ( roughly that age in the picture) He topped out at 47cm at around 3.5 years.
Ravelry Group: - Ouessants & Company

macgro7

• Joined Feb 2016
  • Leicester
Re: Sheep in the city?
« Reply #61 on: October 10, 2016, 11:19:54 pm »
Ooo!!!
I still don't know what breed would be the best for us!!!
I like shetlands because of many colours they have.
Boreray is something I've been reading about a lot recently. I like white sheep and their lambs are so beautiful! Plenty of rams for sale on preloved, but can't see any ewes!
Portland are also fantastic! Used to be dairy breed and quite different looking from Northern primitive breeds.
Ouessant would be nice but why are they so ridiculously expensive?!?! I've seen then in Polish adverts and they cost the same as other small sheep .I. E.  Cheap!
Soay - to be honest I don't really like them that much (looking wise)... but people seem to give them for pennies around here. No one wants them?
North ronaldsay - found them near us. Cheap as well. But have been reading about them and it says they are much more likely to get copper poisoning from pasture - so I'm not sure about them..

All small beautiful breeds, mostly rare and in need of more people keeping them
« Last Edit: October 10, 2016, 11:24:25 pm by macgro7 »
Growing loads of fruits and vegetables! Raising dairy goats, chickens, ducks, rabbits on 1/2 acre in the middle of the city of Leicester, using permaculture methods.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS