Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Golden Guernsey Goats  (Read 3696 times)

misspiggy

• Joined May 2010
  • Carsphairn
  • Daisy and one of her3 kids!
Golden Guernsey Goats
« on: May 19, 2010, 08:42:14 pm »
Hi

We have a small amount of breeding females in the north of Dumfries and Galloway, Scotland.  We are looking for some more breeding girls to join the girls we already have.  We are thinking of using AI to get them in kid, but would love some more to add to our amazing bunch!

If you have any for sale, or know of any, just drop me a line.

Thanks

Maggie
 :goat:

jameslindsay

• Joined Feb 2009
  • Nr St Andrews, Fife
  • "Blossom" one of my Pygmy Goats
Re: Golden Guernsey Goats
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2010, 09:41:44 pm »
Hi Maggie, I have 2 GG girls, mother and daughter and I wouldn't part with them for anything. They are wonderful pets, how many do you have?

misspiggy

• Joined May 2010
  • Carsphairn
  • Daisy and one of her3 kids!
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2010, 10:12:44 am »
Hi

We only have 3 nanny's and 1 gg x English castrated billy.  we started with 5 which came to us instead of us finding them, then we got up to 7, but sadly 1 of the kids passed away.  We then put our nanny's in to kid which took us up to 18!!!

We sold them to all over Scotland and sold a nanny with kids at foot, due to her being a monster at jumping but she was a togg x gg!!!!

Sadly we lost an old lady last year due to cancer and lost our billy due to a perforated bladder.  we almost lost our old, old lady this winter, but with a 90 pence injection from the vet, brought life back into her!!!

I am a farmers daughter, but never had much to do with goats, but our son is autistic, and his passion is farming, hence the goats!!!  he really gets alot from them, and likewise them with him.

we would never be without them, hence why we want to get back to our original  7 or even more. 

we all love our GG

jameslindsay

• Joined Feb 2009
  • Nr St Andrews, Fife
  • "Blossom" one of my Pygmy Goats
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2010, 10:35:53 am »
Well what a great reason to keep them. Shame about your loss, I too lost a Pygmy goat this year and had many more sick at the same time, but luckily they pulled through.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS