Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Golden Guernsey Goats For Sale  (Read 12594 times)

ballingall

• Joined Sep 2008
  • Avonbridge, Falkirk
Golden Guernsey Goats For Sale
« on: January 06, 2010, 12:51:29 pm »
I have just been on the phone to a friend who keeps Golden Guernsey goats, and she is looking to decrease her numbers a wee bit. She currently has 2 castrated boys for sale, both adults. Looking for a good home for them both.

She also has a few pregnant females, who are due in March. She is looking to keep them just now, but after they have kidded, she may have kids for sale (possibly female or castrated males) and may look to sell an adult milker or two as well.

Located in Perthshire, Central Scotland- send me a pm if you would like to get in contact with her or get more details.

Beth

jameslindsay

• Joined Feb 2009
  • Nr St Andrews, Fife
  • "Blossom" one of my Pygmy Goats
Re: Golden Guernsey Goats For Sale
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2010, 03:11:40 pm »
I have just been on the phone to a friend who keeps Golden Guernsey goats, and she is looking to decrease her numbers a wee bit. She currently has 2 castrated boys for sale, both adults. Looking for a good home for them both.

She also has a few pregnant females, who are due in March. She is looking to keep them just now, but after they have kidded, she may have kids for sale (possibly female or castrated males) and may look to sell an adult milker or two as well.

Located in Perthshire, Central Scotland- send me a pm if you would like to get in contact with her or get more details.

Beth

I like how you wait until I m out of the country before you make this public Beth. Only teasing.

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2010, 06:07:43 pm »
Quick question - does goats milk go 'off' quicker than cows?
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

chickenfeed

« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2010, 07:03:18 pm »
 ;)are you talking fresh un treated milk or not.
 goats milk can be frozen my parents sell alot to dog breeders around here they tend to freeze it for when the pups arrive its great for mum and pups alike.

ballingall

• Joined Sep 2008
  • Avonbridge, Falkirk
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2010, 07:14:21 pm »
Ooooops Sorry James!  LOL- you have enough animals, they might still be available when you get back. Its the lady you met at Fife show actually that has them for sale.

Annie- not as far as I'm aware. There might be a difference between how quickly milk goes if it is "raw" as it were, or if it is pastuerised. Haven't been able to find much out.

Beth

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2010, 07:23:36 pm »
I just wondered because one of the bottles that were frozen was very off when I opened it - even before defrosting.  I think I may have left it out too long before freezing it.
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

jameslindsay

• Joined Feb 2009
  • Nr St Andrews, Fife
« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2010, 08:35:25 am »
Beth you are quite right I do have enough, but I just love having the goats. :) :goat: :goat:

jameslindsay

• Joined Feb 2009
  • Nr St Andrews, Fife
« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2010, 09:04:14 am »
Also, forgot to say Happy Birthday to Kerstin and Julie. :)

firefly541

• Joined Mar 2010
« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2010, 06:12:26 pm »
Hi there - located in Perthsire we are a small holding/community farm that is looking to find another milking goat (in order to retire our current goat in time for the summer)

Would be really interested in any details you can offer  :)

Many thanks

Sharon 

ballingall

• Joined Sep 2008
  • Avonbridge, Falkirk
« Reply #9 on: March 17, 2010, 09:33:39 pm »
Have pm'd you contact details.

:)

Beth

Anke

• Joined Dec 2009
  • St Boswells, Scottish Borders
« Reply #10 on: March 18, 2010, 08:00:47 pm »
The Golden Guernsey Goat society has a very helpful stock officer, and she has always people keen to get GGs.

henmummy

• Joined Apr 2010
« Reply #11 on: April 10, 2010, 09:12:00 pm »
Do you know how much they are, would be interested in the mothers as we would like to produce our own goats milk

ballingall

• Joined Sep 2008
  • Avonbridge, Falkirk
« Reply #12 on: April 11, 2010, 04:55:27 pm »
Hi Henmummy,

Unfortunately she didn't have a very good set of kiddings, and lost one milker. She is probably still looking to part with some, but I think she need to sell kids first before she can sell milkers.

I will pm you her number and you can give her a ring.

Beth

cairnhill

• Joined Dec 2008
  • Aberdeenshire
« Reply #13 on: April 12, 2010, 11:39:49 am »
I am looking to get a couple of females in the future and would be grateful for the contact details.  Thank you.

misspiggy

• Joined May 2010
  • Carsphairn
  • Daisy and one of her3 kids!
« Reply #14 on: May 20, 2010, 10:33:10 am »
Hey

we have a small number of GG and are looking for more.  we did have 18 2 years ago, but sold some on and some have passed away.  do you still have any for sale or know where i can get some from?  i know if a breeder in dumfries, but would like to get different bloodline into our bunch.

we live on the dumfries and galloway border with ayrshire.

thanks
 :goat:

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS