Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Pigs Paradise  (Read 2236 times)

Teresa

Pigs Paradise
« on: May 12, 2010, 09:43:49 am »
 :pig: We on the the Pigs Paradise course that Tony York and Carron runs in Wiltshire last saturday. It was absolutely brilliant!! My boyfriend is now a convert and couldn't keep his eyes off the OSD piglets running around :D So much information to take in but his talk on the financial side of pig keeping makes a whole lot of sense. If anyone wants a course to go on we highly recomend it :pig:

Rosemary

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Barry, Angus, Scotland
    • The Accidental Smallholder
Re: Pigs Paradise
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2010, 11:17:49 am »
We did it years ago and thought it was great. Glad standards are being maintained!  ;D

Hilarysmum

• Joined Oct 2007
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2010, 07:07:28 pm »
He is generous in giving his time and advice a really kind man.

Sharondp

• Joined Jun 2009
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2010, 08:29:57 pm »
I've just had a look at the website and requested some course details. Were busy getting ready for pigs!  :pig:

sallyw

• Joined Jan 2008
  • Buckinghamshire
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2010, 07:11:59 pm »
I did it two years ago with my daughter and it was fabulous - since then have had weaners of various varieties and now have our very own Darcey and her 8 piglets - one week old! Not a path I intended to tread but great fun, great food and great entertainment. Tony is a good resource post the course too. Very helpful. Good luck on the new ventures! Sal  :pig:

Sharondp

• Joined Jun 2009
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2010, 07:15:04 pm »
Details arrived today - looks brilliant!

Hilarysmum

• Joined Oct 2007
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2010, 07:43:27 am »
I'm envious.

langdon

• Joined Sep 2009
  • Pembrokeshire
  • The Happy Smallholder!
« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2010, 10:51:03 pm »
we read tony yorks book on pig keeping it was a great help before geeting them in.
dont know what he was like teaching on a course but in his book he explained things
so simply. :pig:
Langdon ;)

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS