Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: A mad half hour ......  (Read 2376 times)

Roxy

• Joined May 2009
  • Peak District
    • festivalcarriages.co.uk
A mad half hour ......
« on: May 10, 2010, 11:36:43 pm »
I do wonder what the neighbours think, but there again, they must be used to us by now.

Jasmine, Paddy, and the kids were all in for the night, but the gate from one field to the next was slightly ajar, where they had walked through.  I went to feed the other goats, looked behind and there was Bertie, the pet sheep. He follows me, so not a problem, plenty of grass, so he could graze while I was feeding.  Came out, looked round, no Bertie.  Scanned the farm track, and there going under the railway bridge, was himself.  Rattled a bucket, he came hurtling up the track. Put some baler twine round his neck and walked him back up to the track.  Put him in the stable.  Went to shut the gate .....to find, Robbie the llama had seen the gate ajar, realised I was busy chasing Bertie, and he too, went through.  Unfortunatly, its not as easy as putting a piece of baler twine round his neck. He raced round and round the field.  I rang Rick to come and assist.  Took a while to sort of herd him up the field, but finally we managed to get him back in his own field.

I am sure we entertained the neighbours across the lane, with our running, and shouting........another typical day in our house.

Rosemary

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Barry, Angus, Scotland
    • The Accidental Smallholder
Re: A mad half hour ......
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2010, 07:30:50 am »
 ;D ;D ;D

Wizard

• Joined Nov 2009
  • North East Lincolnshire
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2010, 08:03:12 am »
I'm sure animals can communicate with one another.Hey up look the gates ajar she hasn't noticed you go and trot off to the left just a bit in front all the time and when you have led her far enough away.Then we'll go and scatter that'll teach her and get her all excited. ;D ;D :farmer:
Don't do today what can be put off until tomorrow because today will be yesterday tomorrow

JulieS

• Joined Mar 2009
  • Devon - EX39 5RF
    • Ford Mill Farm
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2010, 08:38:31 am »
I know that feeling!!  :) :) :) :) :) :)
Pedigree GOS Pigs and Butchery for Smallholders.

Roxy

• Joined May 2009
  • Peak District
    • festivalcarriages.co.uk
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2010, 01:40:01 pm »
Wizard, I think you are right!!  Thank goodness, it was at night, and not when I was rushing to leave for work in the morning.

little blue

• Joined Jun 2009
  • Derbyshire
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2010, 04:54:58 pm »
been there.... though not with a llama.... or as far as the railway line....
ok, I'll shut up now!

but yes, they do know how and when to take advantage!
Little Blue

Wizard

• Joined Nov 2009
  • North East Lincolnshire
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2010, 05:37:46 pm »
L.B. Theres some in Tibet but not the Daili  :o!
Don't do today what can be put off until tomorrow because today will be yesterday tomorrow

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS