Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Pressure washer advice?  (Read 3024 times)

benkt

• Joined Apr 2010
  • Cambridgeshire
    • Hempsals Community Farm
Pressure washer advice?
« on: May 05, 2016, 01:16:50 pm »
We've just bought our first proper livestock trailer and so I'm thinking of getting a pressure washer to speed up the cleaning. Not had one before so any advice or things to look for or avoid would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Ben

harmony

• Joined Feb 2012
Re: Pressure washer advice?
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2016, 01:23:07 pm »
We have bought one from Amazon. They have some very good deals. Obviously if you buy a really super duper one it will be a lot more but we have had a small karcher one and recently a vax one (the people who make hoovers). They do a reasonable job for the price and obviously if you keep your trailer washed each time you use it then it isn't a big job. Plus you'll find lots of other jobs for it.

Jullienne

• Joined Apr 2016
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2016, 01:40:56 pm »
i  ought a karcher pressure washer, just plug it into the tap, has to fit right, and hey ho. The best one I have used so far! highly recommended :thumbsup:
boast not yourself of tomorrow; for you know not what a day may bring forth. Let another man praise you, and not your own mouth; a stranger, and not your own lips. proverbs 27 verses 1-2.

Dan

• The Accidental Smallholder
  • Administrator
  • Joined Oct 2007
  • Carnoustie, Angus
    • The Accidental Smallholder
    • Facebook
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2016, 01:47:07 pm »
Karcher all the way. They've just renewed their pressure washer models, so there are some good deals on the old models. The K4 is a good price at the moment:

https://www.priceplus.co.uk/pressure-washers/

benkt

• Joined Apr 2010
  • Cambridgeshire
    • Hempsals Community Farm
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2016, 07:42:59 am »
Thanks all, I'll look round the Karcher models then ;)

Louise Gaunt

• Joined May 2011
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2016, 01:47:05 pm »
I recently got a Karcher pressure washer from Tesco direct, using my club card vouchers. It is quite small but really good at getting caked on mud out of wheel arches, so should be ok for the stock trailer.

lars64

• Joined Mar 2013
« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2016, 10:26:30 pm »
I've had Karcher and Nilfisk and they work OKish while they last. The trouble is, they don't last for longer than a couple of years as they are cheaply made from cheap components. A couple of years ago I bit the bullet and bought a proper Kranzle pressure washer. The difference is like chalk and cheese, Kranzle spend their money on engineering, not stupid TV adverts. It just works brilliantly. The only problem is the price. 

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS