Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Lambing so far!!  (Read 8297 times)

Daisys Mum

• Joined May 2009
  • Scottish Borders
Re: Lambing so far!!
« Reply #15 on: May 20, 2010, 08:35:31 pm »

Finished at last, the last lamb had arrived when I went out this morning, to a first time mum so thankfully all seems fine. Got a nice healthy looking bunch 7 ewe lambs and 2 rams, have not castrated them as they are for my freezer. I have never sent any to market before but think that I may this year as I have so many ewes.
Anne

Hellybee

• Joined Feb 2010
    • www.blaengwawrponies.co.uk
« Reply #16 on: May 21, 2010, 09:49:41 am »
Wish we did, weve had 16 ewe lambs out of 52 lambs, lots of boys,  and the girls wont be going anywhere :)

dixie

• Joined Mar 2009
« Reply #17 on: May 21, 2010, 10:17:30 am »
After having 6 sets of twins from 6 ewes within days of eachother we still have our jacob to lamb!! should be within the next week I hope!!

Hermit

• Joined Feb 2010
« Reply #18 on: May 21, 2010, 10:55:21 pm »
One to go and she isnt half hanging on! Only one set of twins but the singles are donkeys, never had such big lambs but the ram was a stonker. Have to get a bigger roasting dish! ::)

dixie

• Joined Mar 2009
« Reply #19 on: May 27, 2010, 12:37:18 pm »
Hurrah, my jacob finally lambed today, another set of twins! thats 14 lambs out of 7 ewes, fantastic result! :sheep: ;D

pikilily

• Joined Jan 2009
  • Do what you enjoy; And enjoy what you do!!
« Reply #20 on: June 01, 2010, 08:55:48 am »
you have all had such great results- thats fabulous.

Last year i had 11 lambs from 5 ewes and was congratulating myself heartily!! This year not such a good  result. Four ewes lambed: three singles and only one set of twins.  The ewe with the twins had a ruptured placenta so it was a case of dive in and hope for the best before she exanguinated Managed to save her and the twins..one of whom turned out to be a Jenny Willox (Hermaphrodite). Because of his/her genital deformities i am watching VERY closely - the lamb gets quite mucky behind.... so it will be a bit of a banquet for the flies. So far no probs!

..mmmmmm pride and falling comes to mind! LOL.... this year i only just managed to scrape past the 100% mark - last year it was 220%. Hey ho that's sheep, or any animals, for you.
Emma
If you don't have a dream; how you gonna have a dream come true?

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS