Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: help with poultry sales  (Read 2525 times)

Ben94

• Joined Jan 2016
help with poultry sales
« on: January 22, 2016, 08:15:11 pm »
Hi

im hoping someone can help me, im going to be rasing 100 broilers on pasture but theres a few things i need to know.

im going to try and sell to public and restaurants locally will i need some kind of insurance although all slaughtering and any kind of processing/packaging  will be done by licensed people?

will any of the birds have to be tested in anyway?

thanks

cloddopper

• Joined Jun 2013
  • South Wales .Carmarthenshire. SA18
Re: help with poultry sales
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2016, 04:37:29 pm »
You're best  asking at  the local authority help /information desk and take  lots of patience tablets ... the big ones as you'll need them .

Good luck
Strong belief , triggers the mind to find the way ... Dyslexia just makes it that bit more amusing & interesting

farmers wife

• Joined Jul 2009
  • SE Wales
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2016, 02:07:33 pm »
again unsure but prob not.  But I would def read Joel Salatin Pasture profits.  You really need to ensure you do as much marketing as possible and you'll need restaurants to take a number at a time you cant justify killing ad-hoc.  People will pay good money but it has to taste good too so make sure you feed correctly. Chickens are sensitive to the environment and feed quality.

darkbrowneggs

• Joined Aug 2010
    • The World is My Lobster
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2016, 02:10:09 pm »
Remember most restaurants will already have a regular supplier who they may be unwilling to ditch for a one off, but you can check this out by asking places beforehand. 
To follow my travel journal see http://www.theworldismylobster.org.uk

For lots of info about Marans and how to breed and look after them see www.darkbrowneggs.info

DavidandCollette

• Joined Dec 2012
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2016, 05:53:54 pm »
Get your marketing sorted early. No point in spending time and money if at the end of the day you have no customers

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS