Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: help with poultry sales  (Read 1673 times)

Ben94

• Joined Jan 2016
help with poultry sales
« on: January 22, 2016, 08:15:11 pm »
Hi

im hoping someone can help me, im going to be rasing 100 broilers on pasture but theres a few things i need to know.

im going to try and sell to public and restaurants locally will i need some kind of insurance although all slaughtering and any kind of processing/packaging  will be done by licensed people?

will any of the birds have to be tested in anyway?

thanks

cloddopper

• Joined Jun 2013
  • South Wales .Carmarthenshire. SA18
Re: help with poultry sales
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2016, 04:37:29 pm »
You're best  asking at  the local authority help /information desk and take  lots of patience tablets ... the big ones as you'll need them .

Good luck
Strong belief , triggers the mind to find the way ... Dyslexia just makes it that bit more amusing & interesting

farmers wife

• Joined Jul 2009
  • SE Wales
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2016, 02:07:33 pm »
again unsure but prob not.  But I would def read Joel Salatin Pasture profits.  You really need to ensure you do as much marketing as possible and you'll need restaurants to take a number at a time you cant justify killing ad-hoc.  People will pay good money but it has to taste good too so make sure you feed correctly. Chickens are sensitive to the environment and feed quality.

darkbrowneggs

• Joined Aug 2010
    • The World is My Lobster
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2016, 02:10:09 pm »
Remember most restaurants will already have a regular supplier who they may be unwilling to ditch for a one off, but you can check this out by asking places beforehand. 
To follow my travel journal see http://www.theworldismylobster.org.uk

For lots of info about Marans and how to breed and look after them see www.darkbrowneggs.info

DavidandCollette

• Joined Dec 2012
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2016, 05:53:54 pm »
Get your marketing sorted early. No point in spending time and money if at the end of the day you have no customers

Complete home processing and meat sales set up

Started by countrymum91

Replies: 2
Views: 1564
Last post May 03, 2016, 08:44:42 pm
by harmony
packaging poultry

Started by chris3000

Replies: 0
Views: 1406
Last post July 16, 2012, 11:19:03 pm
by chris3000
Hanging Poultry.

Started by Alex_

Replies: 5
Views: 1656
Last post September 05, 2017, 03:08:11 pm
by Alex_

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Little Peckers

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2020. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS