Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: When things go wrong.  (Read 2946 times)

sabrina

• Joined Nov 2008
When things go wrong.
« on: April 12, 2010, 10:59:54 am »
Well over the last few days things for me have been a bit hectic , thats the reason I am giving for all the stupid things I have done. Fallon one of my German Shepherds had to have a growth removed from her front leg, before going to the vet to pick her up after her operation I thought I would cook her some rice to mix with chicken. Now the normal thing I do with rice is put it in water on the cooker until it comes to the boil then switch it off, it cooks fine this way if you have the time to leave it. As I was turning it off the phone went so I rushed to answer that as I was waiting for a call. Instead of turning the cooker off I turned it pass the 0 to 6. After phone call I went out to do the stables so was away about an hour. Came into the house full of smoke and alarms going mad. Pan is ruined, and getting the smell out of the house will take a while. Yesterday I decided to plant some peas in an old lenght of guttering so took the lenght into the pollytunnel only to rip a piece of the tunnel with the sharp end of the guttering, could have cried but I got on with the job of trying to patch it and hope it will be ok. Next I was in the kitchen and turned round quickly and ended up pulling a muscle in my back. today I thought to myself, is it worth taking the risk of getting out of bed. At least the sun is shinning so fingers crossed I don not have any more little events. And yes I am getting old.  :D

RUSTYME

• Joined Oct 2009
Re: When things go wrong.
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2010, 12:00:16 pm »
lol...I know how you feel Sabrina...we all have days like that ....well I have decades like that actually .... five so far !!!! I am accident prone to say the least.
My last painfull one was sitting down with a lovely hot mug of tea , just as I almost get the cup to my lips ....the handle drops off !!!! steaming hot tea right in my lap ....talk about boiled beef and carrots ....
 So at least you aren't the only one .... ::) ;D

cheers

Russ

Dangermouse

• Joined Feb 2010
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2010, 02:18:19 pm »
Everyone gets days like those........but always remember

"Every silver lining has a cloud"  ;D

and my deepest sympathy's for your bits Russ......ouch!!!!!!!

RUSTYME

• Joined Oct 2009
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2010, 04:30:49 pm »
ouch !!! yes ... that's more or less what I said at the time  ::) ....OUCH !!!! But luckily no long term damage done , I just did a good impression of John Wayne for a few days.... ;D ;D

cheers

Russ

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2010, 05:55:29 pm »
Don't worry, Sabrina - bad luck comes in threes and if you have counted that's them all past! ;D ;D
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

sandy

« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2010, 06:36:30 pm »
I do things without thinking too much...I often burn rice, peas or porridge so I do them in the microwave as I hate standing around waiting!!! I bet, like me and loads of others on here, you do several things at the same time? just a moment ago I moved a plant by pulling the table and of course it fell off, muddy floor so spent the rest of my cleaning time repairing the damage...We are in charge of our own destiny so look to preserve what you can.The motto!! slow down[move]move]

Rosemary

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Barry, Angus, Scotland
    • The Accidental Smallholder
« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2010, 10:01:03 pm »
I know there's a proverb for everything, but "mine" must be "More haste, less speed".

Dangermouse

• Joined Feb 2010
« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2010, 02:07:43 pm »
"think what you say not say what you think"

Ive always had a bit of trouble with that one  ;)

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS