Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Blxxdy rats grrrrrr...  (Read 5368 times)

Daisys Mum

• Joined May 2009
  • Scottish Borders
Re: Blxxdy rats grrrrrr...
« Reply #15 on: April 04, 2010, 10:21:59 pm »

My OH doesn't like cats either especially the house one who has shredded the sofa and is now working on the new stair carpet. You would think that now he is about 14 he would have learned just to use his scratching post.
Anne

Helencus

• Joined Feb 2010
  • NW Leicestershire
« Reply #16 on: April 04, 2010, 10:41:40 pm »
Not unless it suited him too:-) OH doesn't dislike cats he's allergic to them. He put up with Monty as the allergy came on years after we got him but since he died 18 months ago he's never had to use his inhailer so I guess I have to think of his welfare. Makes a change I guess  ;D

Wizard

• Joined Nov 2009
  • North East Lincolnshire
« Reply #17 on: April 05, 2010, 08:53:14 am »
Hello Helen did you read my post about a rat that took up residence in the out house here in Scartho?
Don't do today what can be put off until tomorrow because today will be yesterday tomorrow

Helencus

• Joined Feb 2010
  • NW Leicestershire
« Reply #18 on: April 05, 2010, 08:55:16 am »
Hello George. no I didn't see that one

Wizard

• Joined Nov 2009
  • North East Lincolnshire
« Reply #19 on: April 05, 2010, 09:15:23 am »
Hello Helen Synopsis is We have a out house built over the back door at Scartho and we noticed some gnaw marks on the bottom of the door jamb The thing is made of a 3"x$" frame work and covered with T & G board outside and plasterboard inside.This rat took up residence in the cavity I set a trap and he was so well fed he never bothered so I left him a couple of poison lollies and he took bites out of one Wonderfull got you you sod.Oh no about a week after the smell was horrendous and about a month after the back way as we call it was full of blue bottles We were about 6 to 8 weeks from start to finish getting rid so be carefull he isn't under the house.Poison gets him but he pays you back PHEW ??? >:( ;D :farmer:
Don't do today what can be put off until tomorrow because today will be yesterday tomorrow

Helencus

• Joined Feb 2010
  • NW Leicestershire
« Reply #20 on: April 05, 2010, 09:54:21 am »
Lol. At least you got him George. The nest is a good way from the house it's right by the chicken coop in the river bank. These must be well fed also as not touching poison keep nipping into chicken run and stealing hens food.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS