Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Hebridean x Texel Rams for sale  (Read 1837 times)

Coximus

• Joined Aug 2014
Hebridean x Texel Rams for sale
« on: September 19, 2015, 10:15:04 am »
I have 4 (possibly 5, for one I will only let go for a bit more) rams out of puire texels, sired by a pedigree Hebridean.

These rams are all stocky crosses - but with very narrow heads typical of heb's and shallow body frames, but much bigger legs, and all hit 40kg weight within 4 months of birth off grass, they're leveling out around 60-65kg typically all grass fed.

They make excellent rams to cover rare breed and primitive stock - you get 1/4 tex lambs 1/4 heb and 1/2 whatever your ewe is - say Hebridean - but the half texel is throwing more meat and faster growth on your lambs so your getting them away within 7-8 months, but at the same time being only half tex its giving you easy lambing - Im yet to assist one sired by a halfbred ram, but with texel rams typically 1 in 20 on the heb would need it IMO (variables excluded).

Im based in yorkshire, near harrogate / leeds.

Would like £70 for the the horned ram lambs, and £80 for the polled with tight skin.

Will post pics when I get a phone that isnt smashed up.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS