Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: MURDER MYSTERY  (Read 5200 times)

Me

• Joined Feb 2014
  • Wild West
Re: MURDER MYSTERY
« Reply #15 on: September 07, 2015, 09:30:01 am »
I shot a big dog fox (small lamb killer) weighed it and was surprised to find he only weighed 7kg

Cosmore

• Joined Jun 2015
  • Dorset
« Reply #16 on: September 07, 2015, 10:30:47 am »
Possible dog attack, carcasses finished off by foxes, badgers and winged predators.

(or maybe the Beast of Argyll? Here in Dorset some still think there is a large member of the cat family that they've named the beast that is responsible for similar deaths)

jward

• Joined Dec 2013
  • Stockton-on-Tees
« Reply #17 on: September 07, 2015, 11:45:25 am »
Possibly some kind of wild cat/beast. There's quite a few reports in my area from wild animals that were released or escaped years ago and are still roaming around. We had a foal attacked and left for dead years ago.

Hellybee

• Joined Feb 2010
    • www.blaengwawrponies.co.uk
« Reply #18 on: September 07, 2015, 12:11:58 pm »
I'd say badger.  We used to mark up lambs with Stockholm tar and was taught to mark haunches for the fox and the neck for the badger. Hope you find the culprit x

shep53

• Joined Jan 2011
  • Dumfries & Galloway
« Reply #19 on: September 08, 2015, 06:25:34 pm »
Update , last night  a vixen cub shot in same field         wt 5kg the dog cubs were a little  bigger so 6kg     , our foxes are tall   and long

Porterlauren

• Joined Apr 2014
« Reply #20 on: September 08, 2015, 08:08:05 pm »
They may have been stripping the carcass a bit (and you can usually tell by the teeth marks on bones etc) but they are certainly not pulling down fat lambs. . . . . . and neither is a badger. If healthy weaned lambs are being killed in their multiples. . . . . there is something more afoot that either fox or badger predation. . . . . .

Me

• Joined Feb 2014
  • Wild West
« Reply #21 on: September 08, 2015, 08:44:18 pm »
Yes, maybe one of these on the loose  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v5XlQpmOvfQ

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS