Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Planning  (Read 7846 times)

harmony

• Joined Feb 2012
Re: Planning
« Reply #15 on: September 03, 2015, 11:33:32 am »
Good luck with this. Not sure you will get anywhere and probably it will just make you crosser.

I do appreciate the issue of people getting land with no accommodation, getting stock and then saying they need to live there to do the job properly, safety etc. I've seen it happen and it is a back door entrance to getting housing passed.

Nigel Copeland

• Joined Sep 2015
« Reply #16 on: September 03, 2015, 12:28:35 pm »
I'm getting the local paper to come and do a write up on the new business.
I'm sure they will be very interested in how the planning was dealt with.

Not too sure on the local MP. I get the feeling they look after each other.
I'm sure the paper will ruffle some feathers and our county councillor will be spitting feathers.
After all, I can't be done for slander! It will be down to them to comment if they wish.

Nigel Copeland

• Joined Sep 2015
« Reply #17 on: September 03, 2015, 12:52:57 pm »
Our local paper are coming out next Thursday to do a write up on the business and the problems we've encounted to get it up and running.

Happy days !!

Nigel Copeland

• Joined Sep 2015
« Reply #18 on: September 03, 2015, 01:02:14 pm »
Good luck with this. Not sure you will get anywhere and probably it will just make you crosser.

I do appreciate the issue of people getting land with no accommodation, getting stock and then saying they need to live there to do the job properly, safety etc. I've seen it happen and it is a back door entrance to getting housing passed.

We already live on the land. The land has been in the family for 3 generations now. Originally pig farmed, now pasture land for a few livestock and a small proportion to run the racehorse livery on.
It was the livery that we had all the problems as we had to get change of use for that area.
Ridiculous that we could have filled the field full of pigs, hgv running through the village with no planning required.

Cosmore

• Joined Jun 2015
  • Dorset
« Reply #19 on: September 03, 2015, 01:39:19 pm »
Hope the paper article really makes the point about your unwarranted and spurious difficulties!
cc telling  :pig: indeed!
Any person within a government / local authority in a position of power is duty bound to make impartial recommendations / decisions based purely on facts. What the individual in this case appears to have deliberately done to mislead and influence outcome by the use of terminological inexatitudes would constitute an abuse of authority, a serious matter that I would have thought should have disciplinary consequences?

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
« Reply #20 on: September 03, 2015, 04:09:59 pm »
Hmm, would she have a hidden agenda?  Might be worth a bit of investigation
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

cloddopper

• Joined Jun 2013
  • South Wales .Carmarthenshire. SA18
« Reply #21 on: September 03, 2015, 11:28:06 pm »
Nigel .
Knowing you have a week to get things together why not write & print off a historical sequentially dated article of events and your thoughts at teh time about each event ready for the journo .

Most local rags don't have the more able journos putting out quality articles , giving it from your view leaves little opportunity for the journo to write their own book of fiction .

I say that because that's what was recommended when I did a couple of years with the local chamber of commerce business development arm .

Their premise being if you trust a young inexperienced reporter to get the story right as you see it you're leaving yourself wide open to being misreported.
Strong belief , triggers the mind to find the way ... Dyslexia just makes it that bit more amusing & interesting

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS