Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Movement licence  (Read 3120 times)

Elissian

• Joined Oct 2009
  • Wiltshire
Movement licence
« on: March 11, 2010, 07:39:26 pm »
If a customer is picking up 5 weaners and taking 3 home and dropping 2 off at a neighbouring farm do we fill in 2  movement licences and can they say the same time on them or should they legally be moved separately?
Thanks, Helen

JulieS

• Joined Mar 2009
  • Devon - EX39 5RF
    • Ford Mill Farm
Re: Movement licence
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2010, 06:46:39 am »
I would check with your local Trading Standards to make sure you do the right thing.

I think though that officially it wouldn't be possible,  because you are taking all 5 onto one holding which would technically mean they were all on standstill there for 21 days.
Best to check.  You may find it needs to be done in two trips.

Let us know what the outcome please.
Pedigree GOS Pigs and Butchery for Smallholders.

shetlandpaul

• Joined Oct 2008
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2010, 08:52:59 am »
you will need two lots of paperwork. i don't see why they need two trips the other three are not on the first holding. the risk woul be that your driving from one pig unit to another then an other. this in theory would increase the risk of disease spread.

Wizard

• Joined Nov 2009
  • North East Lincolnshire
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2010, 09:21:48 am »
Not quite a reply an observation."Plant a tree in 73" and the following year "and some more in 74" I didn't realise we should need so much paper back then Most of it is to hard for its best use as well ::) :o ??? ;D ;D :farmer:
Don't do today what can be put off until tomorrow because today will be yesterday tomorrow

Malc

• Joined Oct 2007
    • The Edge of Nowhere
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2010, 01:19:49 am »
Assuming the rules are the same in England as in Scotland, you'll need a separate movement licence for each drop-off. A bit tedious, but better than livestock moving around the country with no checks whatsoever.

Farmer

• Joined May 2009
  • Sidway, Staffordshire
    • Farmeats.com
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2010, 05:54:48 pm »
You need two seperate AML's but can do both in the same journey...however, the second AML should record the stop off at the first holding and the pigs need to be clearly identified/marked as being sent/delivered to a different holding.

farmer,  :farmer:

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS