Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Advice required re: piglet  (Read 6544 times)

langdon

• Joined Sep 2009
  • Pembrokeshire
  • The Happy Smallholder!
Re: Advice required re: piglet
« Reply #15 on: March 17, 2010, 12:40:44 pm »
just been  searching the whole house every where for my book and cannot
find it anywhere >:( >:( just when you need something you cant find it!
Langdon ;)

Wizard

• Joined Nov 2009
  • North East Lincolnshire
« Reply #16 on: March 17, 2010, 01:14:25 pm »
Now Langdon I'm sorry to tell you You have beat us all with that one My Mother would say its where you had it last Very informative intit eh!
Don't do today what can be put off until tomorrow because today will be yesterday tomorrow

Wizard

• Joined Nov 2009
  • North East Lincolnshire
« Reply #17 on: March 17, 2010, 01:39:37 pm »
Tell you a story Virtually all my books fore edges have Stolen from G6YAT and its most embarrassing when you say have you got my copy of ******* No mate I haven't I made the mistake of a loop hole I should have said Can I have my copy of ******* back please putting the onus on him leading him to believe he has it ^ weeks or so later I called unannounced and the on the desk was The Antenna's for all occasions Oh dear ??? ??? :farmer:
Don't do today what can be put off until tomorrow because today will be yesterday tomorrow

Stanley

• Joined Oct 2009
« Reply #18 on: March 18, 2010, 08:25:02 am »
I have a litter of Kune Kune's and have noticed one of the boys looks like he has a hernia, it has been getting bigger the last few days.  I have felt around and it doesn't feel like a testicle like the other boys and i'm pretty sure it is a hernia.  He appears to be in no pain at all and eats and runs around as much if not more than the others.  What would be the advice for a pig destined as a pet??

gavo

• Joined Aug 2008
  • Belcoo, Enniskillen, N.Ireland
  • Crazy Pig Lover
« Reply #19 on: March 18, 2010, 11:57:08 am »
My advice DON'T or spend a load of money getting it repaired.

Stanley

• Joined Oct 2009
« Reply #20 on: March 18, 2010, 12:25:16 pm »
What dont have it operated on??  Will it be ok to leave?

gavo

• Joined Aug 2008
  • Belcoo, Enniskillen, N.Ireland
  • Crazy Pig Lover
« Reply #21 on: March 18, 2010, 12:53:56 pm »
No sorry wasn't very clear don't keep it as a pet[i wouldn't] but if you are ; you can get it operated on .Is it a pet for yourself or for someone else?Iwouldn't sell a pig with a hernia to anyone i would keep it myself and put in the freezer.Sorry if that seems harsh.

Stanley

• Joined Oct 2009
« Reply #22 on: March 18, 2010, 01:29:25 pm »
No not harsh at all its reality i'm afraid.  Makes it very difficult as can't keep it on its own but will have to get round it somehow!

Thanks for your advice

Stanley

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS