Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Dogs on our farm.  (Read 9972 times)

Wizard

• Joined Nov 2009
  • North East Lincolnshire
Re: Dogs on our farm.
« Reply #15 on: March 18, 2010, 04:09:32 pm »
As G C says do be carefull with signs you are admitting fault.Or that you know about it.
Don't do today what can be put off until tomorrow because today will be yesterday tomorrow

lunanlife

• Joined Jan 2010
« Reply #16 on: March 19, 2010, 01:53:21 pm »
Just got the letter back from the solicitor and will now send it recorded delivery today. We have went for the nice approach but depending on the response may need to take a tougher stance. Our solicitor has advised that the next step would be to build a case against our neighbours dogs. We will wait and see!

lunanlife

• Joined Jan 2010
« Reply #17 on: March 28, 2010, 05:00:48 pm »
Our neighbour has now seen the letter and has lost the plot. She came to the farm shop and started shouting all sorts of abuse. Then she ripped down some signs on the farm before heading back indoors. I think we will have to take the next step and go a more official route! The OH wants to get some sort of restraining order. Can you get one for dogs as well as people?

Wizard

• Joined Nov 2009
« Reply #18 on: March 28, 2010, 05:02:23 pm »
Yes it comes in little round things about a quarter of an inch across. :farmer:
Don't do today what can be put off until tomorrow because today will be yesterday tomorrow

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
« Reply #19 on: March 28, 2010, 05:48:09 pm »
Our neighbour has now seen the letter and has lost the plot. She came to the farm shop and started shouting all sorts of abuse. Then she ripped down some signs on the farm before heading back indoors. I think we will have to take the next step and go a more official route! The OH wants to get some sort of restraining order. Can you get one for dogs as well as people?

I know a dog that had an ASBO put on it.  Just for running up and barking at a woman who turned hysterical.
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

Castle Farm

• Joined Nov 2008
  • Hereford/Powys Border. near Hay-on-Wye
    • castlefarmeggs
« Reply #20 on: April 01, 2010, 01:30:46 am »
Bad senario all around is neighbour disputes.I had one in Surrey (sad cow and very rich with it). Sent some guy round to measure our boundries just before we sold the place.Claimed we had 'stolen' some of her land.It cost us nearly £11,000 in legal fees and held the sale up for 2 years.We won in the end, but I could have done without it.
 When ever and if ever you sell or they do, it has to be put in the details as a dispute.

Shoot the bloody dogs...end of.
Traditional Utility Breed Hatching Eggs sent next day delivery. Pure bred Llyen Sheep.
www.castlefarmeggs.co.uk  http://www.facebook.com/pages/Utility-Poultry-Keepers/231571570247281

Jackie

• Joined Nov 2009
« Reply #21 on: April 01, 2010, 07:14:47 am »
Luna did you have any witnesses to her tearing down some signs cos that is criminal damage.

What about phoning the RSPCA? Ask their advice about the dogs being locked up for 9 hours and then let loose to worry animals.
Although I dont like the RSPCA as a rescue society they are usually good at going for prosicutions of this sort.

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • Facebook
« Reply #22 on: April 01, 2010, 03:18:52 pm »
Regarding the RSPCA - I heard of a story recently where dogs were removed from a house, the owner signed the dogs over to the RSPCA at a later date and just recently, months later, we were told that means she avoids prosecution - that can't be true surely?  If the dogs were in such bad circumstances (never out of the house, untreated  sores all over from bites caused by a free for all for an opened bag of dog food left on the floor, excrement everywhere etc,)that they had to be removed, she must be guilty of a crime, and why/how can she get off with that?  Anybody know if this is likely to be true?
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

Jackie

• Joined Nov 2009
« Reply #23 on: April 02, 2010, 12:17:56 pm »
Yes its probably true Annie.

Although a crime has been committed it has to be reported to the police and if the RSPCA aren't doing that then no prosecution.

Then of course those people are free to get more animals.

I hate the RSPCA, as a rescue society they suck!  >:(

PDSA or Breed rescues are much better.  :)
« Last Edit: April 02, 2010, 12:19:45 pm by Jackie »

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • Facebook
« Reply #24 on: April 02, 2010, 03:39:39 pm »
Yes its probably true Annie.

Although a crime has been committed it has to be reported to the police and if the RSPCA aren't doing that then no prosecution.

Then of course those people are free to get more animals.

I hate the RSPCA, as a rescue society they suck!  >:(

PDSA or Breed rescues are much better.  :)
The Police were involved.  The story we got was a hearing was held, where she sacked her lawyer as she didn't want to plead guilty. But have heard nothing since

Daisys Mum

• Joined May 2009
  • Scottish Borders
« Reply #25 on: April 03, 2010, 12:35:37 pm »

I know this is going off the thread somewhat but it seems that the RSPCA or in Scotlands case the SSPCA seem at times to do very little. Some years ago I had neighbours who kept a donkey in their garden it was permenantly on a rope and it's feet were terrible as they only got the farrier about once every couple of years, it was fed on things like old bread and left overs with a couple of bales of hay to last all winter.It was just so thin and miserable looking I tried to persuade them to sell it to me when the SSPCA did nothing but it was supposedly the childrens beloved pet!! It eventually died.
Anne

Jackie

• Joined Nov 2009
« Reply #26 on: April 03, 2010, 01:21:06 pm »
Let us know if you hear anymore Annie please. 
You know technically anyone can make a police complaint about someone, so WE (generic term) could make a complaint about that lousy owner and the police HAVE to act.  ;)

I never ever contact the RSPCA even if I see animals in trouble I tend to contact the breed rescue, Golden rescue, donkey rescue etc and follow it up afterwards to see what they have done.

I hate the fact that the RSPCA has a 14 day policy (allegedly) that if the animals are not rehomed in 14 days they get put down.
They have even refused to sell goldens to the golden rescue if they run out of time, they prefer to put them to sleep.

Make no mistake here the RSPCA SELL animals, it used to be £70.00 for a dog and £28.00 for a moggy, God alone knows how much it is now.

I know of a champion golden that escaped and despite loads of advertising the RSPCA got hold of the dog and as he was 'old' (9) they put him to sleep without the 14 day period as quote " He was too old to rehome." Allegedly.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2010, 01:29:46 pm by Jackie »

lunanlife

• Joined Jan 2010
« Reply #27 on: April 22, 2010, 11:49:24 am »
This woman has gone totally mad. We got a letter back from her saying that she would not avoid the times that we suggested to her in the letter for walking her dogs on our farm. She is now purposely walking her dogs during these times. She appears even more angry because our dog is no longer interested in her dogs and ignores them. Therefore because the dogs are no longer being attacked she can't get our dog put down. She caused a massive scene in front of customers at the farm shop and is now going around telling visitors to the farm that we have aggressive dogs and to stay away. She is now affecting our business so we contacted the police last Thursday and informed them that they should contact the SSPCA as there are welfare issues over her dogs. We have yet to hear an update!!

Wizard

• Joined Nov 2009
« Reply #28 on: April 22, 2010, 12:48:25 pm »
I and Castle Farm told you the cure ??? :farmer:

WinslowPorker

• Joined Mar 2010
« Reply #29 on: April 22, 2010, 02:56:12 pm »
Get a couple of pound of mince and mix with some paraquat and feed generously to problem dogs, and even invite owner round for a 'special' shepherds pie, dig a 4' deep hole say big enough for a couple of small 4 legged creatures and one 2 legged creature and buy 20 bags of lime from local builders merchant, mix together in hole cover with spare road plate (bought from builders merchant) and enjoy the quiet rest of your lives...........

Just for the benefit of internet do-gooders and police this is a J-O-K-E :pig: :o

Is what she is doing classed as trespass or is there a right of way over your land?

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS