Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Found another property......  (Read 6433 times)

Croftgary

• Joined Sep 2008
  • Aberdour,Fife
Found another property......
« on: March 07, 2010, 09:39:41 pm »
How about this place, so many possible uses, residential smallholding/crafts with a cottage to live in, used to be a respite centre so would hopefully make it accessible to all...

http://pod-103.dolphin-server.co.uk/ckdrpsdets/GLA100011.PDF

bamford6

Re: Found another property......
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2010, 10:16:40 pm »
that looks good haw much ..iv got 1 as good but rent £150 a week could raise 2000 thousand

sandy

« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2010, 08:12:50 am »
I wondered how much? Lot of potential and a lot to do.....love looking at property, if only ::)

HappyHippy

« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2010, 08:23:29 am »
This is another one just down the road from me !
Years ago this was owned by a guy who bought and sold horses, and was bought by a local care home charity and I believe it's the forestry commision who own it now - don't think they ever did anything with all the outbuildings and the fields have only had sheep in for the last few years - look as if they could do with improved drainage imho. If you're a golfer, the Hollandbush Golf course is literally 2 minutes walk away, lovely views all around and just 5 minutes from the M74 motorway (no, I don't work for the estate agents ;))

sandy

« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2010, 09:22:25 am »
Sounds a great oppertunity for someone with a few pennies and some ideas....not sure how much it is?

HappyHippy

« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2010, 10:45:46 am »
My nose was bothering me so I phoned to find out Sandy !
It's on at offers over £275K - is that a bargain ? I'm not sure  ???

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2010, 11:17:27 am »
Yes, if you have the courage to move in as it is and make it a work in progress or have a lot of cash to get it right before moving in.  Could be a super place  but needs a lot doing to it.
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

Roxy

• Joined May 2009
  • Peak District
    • festivalcarriages.co.uk
« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2010, 03:54:34 pm »
That to us round these parts, very cheap.  The house we are in, and probably sending to auction due to a family disagreement (brother in co ownership wants to sell) is is probably in a worse state that the house shown, no outbuildings, and land in need of drainage.  The only good things, is the fact ours is probably in a more desirable location.  We expect the reserve to be £450,000 if not more.

The land looks rough grazing - there again better for my native ponies.  Not over keen on the block house, being used to old stone houses, and that balcony, verandah thing is not my scene.  And coal mining next door may be an issue for me.  Though, those range of outbuildings would suit me very well indeed!!

just realised, my family are only a few miles down the road, staying in Cambuslang, just outside Glasgow.  Would be useful if they rolled their sleeves up every weekend and gave us a hand, but they are townies, and more than likely not darken the doorstep until the place was tittivated up!!

sandy

« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2010, 05:08:22 pm »
Hope someone on here buys it, then we can all follow the doing up process, I bit like Grand Designs or the AUction Programmes...now what was that called, never see it from the start ??? ???

HappyHippy

« Reply #9 on: March 08, 2010, 06:13:28 pm »
Roxy,
The coal mining is miles away - you'll not even be aware of it. The house is a bit modern looking but trust me, the view from that balcony is superb. Cambuslang is about 20 minutes away, no excuse for the family not to come and help (they could even stay in the wee cottage lol)
If you were interested in coming to see it I'm sure we could find a bed for you, same goes for anyone else on here wanting to have a look.

little blue

• Joined Jun 2009
  • Derbyshire
« Reply #10 on: March 08, 2010, 07:36:24 pm »
My nose was bothering me so I phoned to find out Sandy !
It's on at offers over £275K - is that a bargain ? I'm not sure  ???

Like Roxy, its sounds a good bargain to me!  Even with the work it needs
Little Blue

ballingall

• Joined Sep 2008
  • Avonbridge, Falkirk
« Reply #11 on: March 08, 2010, 09:55:51 pm »
It does look like a good price, although does require a lot of work. If there's a golf course next door, it would make for a great B&B, especially with all those bedroom's all ready with ensuite's. It is a shame it's not more of a character building though.

Beth

Roxy

• Joined May 2009
  • Peak District
    • festivalcarriages.co.uk
« Reply #12 on: March 08, 2010, 10:33:22 pm »
I wonder if you could knock the house down, and build a new one?

Blooming heck, my family would definitely be round all the time, or maybe not ......the sight and smell of Paddy the big billy, would put them off visiting!!!

Jackie

• Joined Nov 2009
« Reply #13 on: March 09, 2010, 04:50:07 am »
Roxy this place once its 'done up' would make you money even if you just sold it after. Plus that wee cottage would be great for holiday makers or Wwoofers. http://www.wwoof.org.uk/

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS