Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: The sun is shining  (Read 3739 times)

juliag

• Joined Nov 2008
  • Wanstrow somerset
The sun is shining
« on: March 08, 2010, 08:58:47 am »
The sun is shining, the lambs are playing in the field (not my lambs), the crocuses are out and we are all happy!!!!!  :D
juliag

bazzais

• Joined Jan 2010
    • Allt Y Coed Farm and Campsite
Re: The sun is shining
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2010, 09:17:14 am »
I'll second that here :)

Just about to go out again and do the water run and its a beautiful day!!

Ta

Baz

Hermit

• Joined Feb 2010
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2010, 09:19:21 am »
Yeah!! The snow has gone. No excuse not to get jobs done today outside. The beds will stay unmade I am afraid, I am off out!!! Hermit

sandy

« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2010, 09:20:52 am »
How nice it was to be warm yesterday? I nearly took my vest off ;)

jameslindsay

• Joined Feb 2009
  • Nr St Andrews, Fife
  • "Blossom" one of my Pygmy Goats
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2010, 09:22:40 am »
Well it aint nice here in Fife today!! >:( >:(

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2010, 09:43:37 am »
Nor here in Neighbourlamd, JAmes!  flippin freezin and my heating ain't workin right ::)
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

Rosemary

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Barry, Angus, Scotland
    • The Accidental Smallholder
« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2010, 11:37:11 am »
It's not too bad here - dry at least but clouded up. I have to work today  :( seeking money for a Countryside Classroom on Wheels.

Anyway, been out and beat the sh*t out of my horse so feeling much better. Off to abuse the dogs now  ;D

HappyHippy

« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2010, 12:06:16 pm »
ROFL ! Rosemary  ;D ;D ;D But only cos I know you don't mean it  ;)
The weather here's ok - no rain (yet) so that's the main thing  ;) The last few days have been lovely, sun shining, lambs playing (always makes me feel like spring is here) and a desire to actually get outside and do stuff (even if the growing bump does slow me down somewhat ::)) rather than stay in front of the fire and vegitate.

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • Facebook
« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2010, 12:10:00 pm »
Beat you to it Rosemary, have already beaten my lot into submission ;) ;D ;D ;D ;D  But It IS cold so although they are warm, I'm no,t so I'm back in the warm with a cuppa before I get on with the cleaning, then a bit of show training with the pup. ;D ;D  This bit is fun.  Trying to get a Brittany to free stand and allow someone else to prod and squeeze him is hmmm challenging.  Cajoling, quietness and firmness required - then laugh at his antics and give up for another day ;) ::)
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

Rosemary

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Barry, Angus, Scotland
« Reply #9 on: March 08, 2010, 01:35:36 pm »
Try tying his legs together. At the stables this morning, two Shetlands were turned out together for the second time. They were tearing around but there was no kicking (some bucking though) and little nipping. After about 10 minutes they settled down to eat hay. They were having such fun - tails in the air and prancing. Watching a Shetland prance is quite funny!

One of the other owners who was watching suggested, in all seriousness, that we should hobble them to stop them running around.

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • Facebook
« Reply #10 on: March 08, 2010, 02:08:26 pm »
I have a vague suspicion that is called a 'toe-hitch' in USA training circles ;)  Don't know if it's been tried on a Brittany - they can undo most things, including doors, cages, dog runs, leads, etc -  gates across stream is the latest - Allez went walkabout yesterday, but did recall - to the other side of the garden gate! He'd gone under the bridge via the stream - up the other side into the field then heard me whistling so came back down the drive and I saw him peering in through the gate - just as I began to think he wasn't responding.

Rosemary

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Barry, Angus, Scotland
« Reply #11 on: March 08, 2010, 10:46:12 pm »
Smart dog! Some nights I let the dogs out for a final comfort break and shout and shout on Tess - only to find her on the wrong side of the garden gate, looking at me like I'm nuts.

SuzyJ

• Joined Dec 2009
  • Bulgaria
    • My Personal Blog
« Reply #12 on: March 08, 2010, 11:02:16 pm »
Snowing here again  ::) but on the bright side at least it's only -2 Degrees C and not -22 like 6 weeks ago  ;D

Summer can't be that far away now  :bouquet:
British Expat trying to live a better life in Bulgaria

Hellybee

• Joined Feb 2010
    • www.blaengwawrponies.co.uk
« Reply #13 on: March 09, 2010, 12:51:11 am »
Stunning day here too :D  Blue skies and sunshine with a haze over the sea.  rather brisk though, but grand. i hate to say it but a little rain is what we need here, bring the temperature up a bit give our new shoots a little drink :) We ve had ground frosts the last few days.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS